Applying Engine Case Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying Engine Case Emblems

Finally got most pieces assembled on my '78 GS750C restoration project. Thought about installing the new OEM engine case emblems this weekend. They have adhesive already on them covered with a removable paper. Just wondering how good this adhesive is and whether I should use an extra dose of automotive emblem cement to ensure they stay put.

Any opinions?

rickt

The ones I've ftted have stayed put alright so far... I think the adhesive is designed for purpose & wouldn't add any more.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

No need to add any adhesive. Make sure the cover is clean & wipe with alcohol or something to take away any oils.

It doesn't work as good in the cold though. If it's below say, 60F I heat the part up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer.. NOT hot, just around 95 or 100F seems to be fine

Comment

Originally posted by dardoonk View Post
        No need to add any adhesive. Make sure the cover is clean & wipe with alcohol or something to take away any oils.

It doesn't work as good in the cold though. If it's below say, 60F I heat the part up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer.. NOT hot, just around 95 or 100F seems to be fine
        Or, start the bike and take it around the block, then apply Much more fun hehehehe

Comment

Good info to know. I'll be doing this to my build as well. Ordered the new emblems from the stealership, was actually more cost effective than buying off the con-artists on ebay.

Comment

Working...
          X