RWL tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWL tires

what company makes raised white letter motorcycle tires 130/90-17 rear and 100/90-19 front that match. I've been doing some searching but, not finding any.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2008, 11:51 AM.

Rwl

Very tough to find , I was informed that Dunlop still makes them, but I could not locate any as well. Let me know if you do.

Comment

I heard of people taking a white paint pen and coloring the raised letters on their blackwall tires. If you clean the rubber good, the paint should stick pretty well.

Comment

you can buy tire coloring crayons, white, yellow and red for sure, possibly other colors. I don't use them but they are available. Put a bag over your head and go down to the harley shop, they have them there.
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Bridgestone Spitfire S11.
          1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
          The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

You can still get RWL Dunlops that are the same tires they used in the '80s, but I wouldn't ride around the block on them. Very scary.

The Bridgestone Spitfires are a pretty decent, modern tire, so that would be a good choice if you must have that look:

Tires Unlimited ( http://tiresunlimited.com ) doesn't list any RWL spitfires at the moment, but they may still be available. Give them a call and see -- they actually answer their phones and all they do is tires, so they're probably your best shot.

Personally, I'd mount up a set of whatever I want (Avon RoadRider or Pirelli Sport Demon), and color in some of the lettering with a tire pen. Function trumps fashion when it comes to tires.
            Last edited by bwringer; 10-21-2008, 08:39 AM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Black 550 L View Post
              what company makes raised white letter motorcycle tires 130/90-17 front and 100/90-19 rear that match. I've been doing some searching but, not finding any.
              Ah, you sure you really want 130/17's up front and 100/19 rears on that 550L Gonna be darn hard to mount.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                You can still get RWL Dunlops that are the same tires they used in the '80s, but I wouldn't ride around the block on them. Very scary.
                Are you telling me to go get some new tires ?

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

My mistake had them switched

Comment

Dunlop Qualifier. Dunlop elite bridgestone spitfire-21 and others very easy to find and not the same as the tyres from the 80s' radial or bias ply depending on the design of your bike.
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                    X