No announcement yet.

putting my 400 where it belongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

po-boy, just as soon as I get it off the table. I can't wait to see it myself.

Comment

nothing like watching paint dry! Oh wait, sitting on the porch looking for the ups driver is pretty close. Wish I had more to show y'all but .......

Comment

Finally got my parts! Wo-hoo! If I get lucky it should come off the work table this week. So po-boy that nice clear pic of it on the ground should be coming soon. My to do list gets shorter every day. Welded the spacers that came with my mufflers onto the pipes and patched up a crack in the balance tube. Also welded the balance tube onto one of the head pipes since it was mangeled and missing a clamp. Heated and bent the footrests back straight. I try to stay busy with it so I don't lose interest or forward momentum. Promise not to bump this thread till it's on the ground. Can't wait to see it down and in the sun light.

Comment

Trust me, I know all about the list! All jokin aside, that's gonna be a trick lil scoot there. I'm a sucker for details, and the creativity that goes into the these things is what got me interested in choppin one in the first place. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see her done.

Comment

Well I'm on the ground. Think I should have painted the frame red as well but other wise, sweet!(insert school girl sqweak) I'm still not done but I just had to see it on the ground. sorry I took so long po-boy and thanks to everyone for the help so far, still a ways to go.

Comment

Wow! That is so cool.

Comment

I just got finish reading this whole thread and Wow. briyenkieth, awesome looking chop. The bike looks like it was always made to look that way. Very cool indeed.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Finally!!! Looks awesome man. Clean lines, no frills, hardtail, solo seat, just the way they should be. Now I suppose I'll have to harass ya about a Youtube vid of the maiden voyage? Seriously though, sick lil scoot Bro. Hope ya have a blast on it! By the way, TCU is back up, now go over and show the fellars there what ya went and done...

Comment

man now you want vid! The bobber is going on the backburner for a few weeks in order to get the buell up again. Now that all the Suzuki bits are off the floor and I have room the time has come! Haven't rode in three months or more and it's driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
                      man now you want vid! The bobber is going on the backburner for a few weeks in order to get the buell up again. Now that all the Suzuki bits are off the floor and I have room the time has come! Haven't rode in three months or more and it's driving me nuts!

What's wrong with the buell? or does it just need maint or something??

Comment

the buell managed to shear off the exhuast studs on the front cylinder. I would blame the paint shaker of a motor but I think this is actually my fault. I addjusted the primary chain a few days prior and it picked up a nasty vibration ( even for a h-d) so I think that's what caused it. Hope she wants to play along or else I'll have to pull the head and I don't want to do that.
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

man you guys should see how much stuff had to come off in order to remove the header. Air box assembly, footrests, air scoops, idler pulley for the belt drive, clutch cable, coil, four of the five motor mounts, disconnect this and that sensor. Did I mention all I need to do is get the header off?!? At this point I'm almost ready to swing the motor down so I can remove one bolt that I can't reach. Yes, one bolt! Hopefuly this will be the last bike I buy soley on looks. Never considered I would someday need to service this damn thing. This is also the same procedure for sparkplugs. So I'll be putting those in while I'm this far apart. Curse you Eric Buell and you sexy motorcycles to. But on a lighter side of it all with everything off the bike there's plenty of room to get a drill in the needed space. Also when I need to take a break I've got this great new seat in my garage. Looks strangly like a chopped GS but damn it's comfy!

Comment

sorted the buell out. What a nightmare! Still need to reassemble all the pieces before I can ride. Turned my attention towards my hot rod for a couple of nights. Got the new turn signal swich installed and wired up. Which brought me back to my Suzuki. Since I needed to clean the carbs again I figured why not polish em up. Three hours into one and it's almost done! What a difference though, worth every minute. So now I need to get some parts ordered to rebuild. Hopefuly they will arrive about the time I'm done with the other carb. LOL !!
                            Hope the new year found everyone in good spirits andglad to see the site back up!

Comment

Never done are they? How bout a couple pics of the carbs when yur done, doin mine now and tryin to decide on polishing or just dip and leave em raw... Glad you got the Buell goin again.

Comment

don't even consider raw. Go to the home depot and get the dremel polishing kit and go for it. You'll be so much happier when your done. Personaly I couldn't have mine any other way. I was going to paint em but that seemed gay, even though Suzuki did it at the factory. My favorite excuse for half assed. It's also a relaxing way to kill time. I get home at two am so it's a quite project that doesn't wake the wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X