No announcement yet.

putting my 400 where it belongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that with your build it's a lot more personal than seeing some guy with a cool custom bike he just spent 60k on and had some company build it for him. I know that I'm really excited about seeing some 'after' pics. Almost as much as I am excited to get my own bike going since I have been reading this post for quite some time and it almost feels like I have came over and helped a little just because you have included this forum throughout the build. So hurry up with the pics already! lmao gratz on it moving on it's own and hopefully you can get the mixture right asap!

Comment

Hi Mr. briyenkeith,

I've continued to enjoy your project in this thread and others. I've got just one word to say...

Pictures!

Don't make Ian and I come down there to look at your bike. Well,...then again....That would be an excuse to ride, wouldn't it?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Cool.

I'm starting something similar, but I don't think I'll get the aesthetics together quite like that. Mine's pretty rough... I used a fence hinge for the pivot on my seat, which is also homemade and not yet covered, and rigid struts instead of shocks in the back (my welding isn't pretty).

When I get things moved forward a bit, I'll post a picture too (just to make yours look good).

Atchbo.

Comment

Originally posted by atchbo View Post
          Cool.

I'm starting something similar, but I don't think I'll get the aesthetics together quite like that. Mine's pretty rough... I used a fence hinge for the pivot on my seat, which is also homemade and not yet covered, and rigid struts instead of shocks in the back (my welding isn't pretty).

When I get things moved forward a bit, I'll post a picture too (just to make yours look good).

Atchbo.

I don't think that it takes much to make his bike look good. It looks great from all of the pics that I have seen so far. Don't let that stop you from posting some pics though. It's easy to appreciate someone's ingenuity and their hard work. Some of them I really don't think that I'd like to ride but I definitely appreciate them!

Comment

Wow guys, I'm kinda embarassed by all the praise. It's far from perfect but it's mine. I try not to be to prideful about it but it's the first thing I started and saw all the way thru. My pops gave me a big sqweeze on the shoulder when I pulled up on it. That was worth every bit to me.

Basscliff, it would be an honor to have Ian and yourself in my garage. So hit me up and we will make time.

Atchbo yours could be nicer than mine easily. Just take your time. I made my seat hinge myself also, used some scraps I had around and stole the seat from a friend who replaced his.

Mighty, I know how you feel about seaming like your there. (Wish some of you had come by, would of been fewer mistakes!) With all the support you get around here and returning the favors you can't help but feel a part of. As for the guy with the big buck bike, at least one likes mine. Got a big thumbs up from a dude on a bling barge today. Glad he passed me doing it cause as he went by I ran out of gas. LOL At least the bike likes me and died in front of a station.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2009, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Mr. briyenkeith,

Ian forwarded the picture of your bike in front of the tattoo shop. It looks really, really good. I like the symmetry. It's a little dark, but, if you don't mind, I'll post the picture here.

Ian and I are going to be very busy for the next couple of weeks. We're working in the pit orchestra for "The Pajama Game", a musical for a local high school drama department. But we'll come down and visit. There's a riding club down that way called the Beach City Riders. Do you know them? They're a good bunch of guys. You can find them at http://www.beachcityriders.com .

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

last night when I got home
                marking it's spot like any good bike
                first night out
                can you belive I haven't been stopped yet? If you can't see it, the sticker reads '84! I'm legal just waiting for my sticker.

Comment

little motor shot. first pin-up job. Luckily she still works for cookies.

Comment

The bike looks great! Really clean.

Comment

You really shoul be proud man, that a sharp lil' scoot ya got there. Just enough little detils to seperate it from the "weld-on a hardtail and call it a bobber" crowd.

Comment

foot controls and kicker made from tattoo grips, the piece that goes in my hand. These sucked to work with but look great on the bike.

how I mounted the coils. Not very creative but functional.

deleted tach drive. Tapped the drive housing and a big slime of silicone with an Allen screw.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

looks killer man. A couple parts on mine are going to be painted hopefully next weekend. I'm still working on preping the tank and fender. It's going to take me at least until next summer to get all of of the little details like you have done though. there's only so much I can do and keep riding it during the riding season.

Comment

Yeah thank god for my other bike. To bad it decided to break down again. Throttle shaft snapped in half!

Comment

getting closer every time I fiddle with my carbs. Seems I arogantly skipped the bench sync and the float I thought was good is bad. Swapped out the float for the other bad one, which is full of flux from a repair and to heavy to float now. Guess I need more parts! I really hate this stuff, you know its like how hard is it to get it all at once. Another ten days of waiting, yipe! At least the new shinny one is set right now. Anyone want to chime in on how bad it runs without being synced? Curious as to how much this affects things.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2009, 03:16 AM.

Comment

now I can't find a new float! Went to three different sites and no luck. Could I have bought the last one? Repair ideas please! Maybe jb weld or epoxy? Figures huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X