putting my 400 where it belongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

putting my 400 where it belongs

had this build going in the owners forum and thought I might get more opinions if I posted up in the appearance forum.
    the humble donor
    mocked up
    and where I stand now
    Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2008, 12:26 AM. Reason: publik scol

so anyone else hear the crickets in here? Come on say it's crap and should be scraped. At least kill that cricket!

Comment

Can't say I understand the whole bobber concept, but it looks like you have executed it nicely. Beer bottles in the photo are a nice touch - reminds me of my garage.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I understand it very much. It's the same as a Cafe project - it's about building a personal bike for the most important motorcyclist ever.

Nice project there Briyen. I like the look of those forks. Keep going, I'll keep watching.

Comment

thanks guys, that cricket was driving me crazy. Hope to be done soon. I'll post some more pics as it gets closer.

Comment

Cool color, nice job welding the rear to make it a rigid, now all you need to do is rake it 45 degrees and put some drag bars on it and some...........oops wait a minute that's my project i'm thinking of-lol looks good keep it up.

Comment

The silver/red combination looks nice. The painted forks will set it off nicely when it is put together.

Comment

Nicely executed. The twins are probably the best candidates for this type of thing.

Comment

thanks all! Put my bars on and the headlight. Hoping for the front wheel tonight. Drew out the wire diagram in my free time at work. Only eight wires! That should only take all day to do. Hate wires. I agree that a twin is the only way this would look as good as it does. Though I do want to build an inline four as well. That will be along time from now and toataly different in design. More in the spirit of a Roland Sands bike.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Mr. briyenkeith,

It's really starting to come together now. I think it would look cool to also paint the calipers and valve cover end caps the same red as the tank and fender. Then put some red Suzuki "S" emblems on the crankcase covers (ignition and stator areas). But that's just me. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks basscliff. Got the front wheel on tonight, this morning, whatever you call it. As always two steps forward one back. The more I looked at the tail light seemed cocked to one side. Three new holes and I'm ready to paint it again. Will need to weld the old ones shut but that's nothing. Cleaned and painted the reg/rec and start relay.

Comment

those biltwell friscos? I love em, great choice of bars.

Comment

yup! I really wanted keystones but they stoped maken em. Now that their on these were meant to be.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2008, 11:24 PM. Reason: needed a pic

Comment

got my electrics bolted in place yesterday. Nice and tidy. Tomorrow Im going to radio shack for some of those plastic bulkhead connectors. I really want the electrics to be clean and as pro looking as possible. I have everything mounted in the open so appearance is key. Will post pics in a day or so.

Comment

Awesome bike. I love the clean execution. Way cleaner then anything I can build that's for sure. Did you hardtail it from scratch or go with a kit?

Comment

Working...
                              X