No announcement yet.

putting my 400 where it belongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder of which hand does what. Might need it since it's been almost four months since I got to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post

Just a reminder of which hand does what. Might need it since it's been almost four months since I got to ride.
      what about foot clutches?

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
        what about foot clutches?

You'd be screwed with those tattoos!

Comment

sport bike roots run way to deep for foot clutch. Nothing against em just not on my bike. Speaking of clutch levers I repaired mine yesterday. The hole in the lever was oblonged from use and wasn't letting me adjust properly so... Out comes the drill and two seconds later I'm round again. Then I drilled the top of the perch the same diameter and sliped a bonze bushing from the hardware store into place and checked for fit. Then disassembled the works and drilled the bottom to the size of my new bolt.

And here's one of my carb after I polished them.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Your right, the carb looks great!

Comment

that carb looks like a labor of love. you could earn my respect with that one picture.

Comment

thanks guys, when I showed the misses all she could muster was "uh-huh". Don't know if it was love or stuborn stupidity that drove me but the results were worth all the time it took. Just need to order some parts to rebuild em and that's about all that's left minus registration. More like castration! Since I'm at a loss for parts on this and my car(can't find the tail lights in garage),I spent my time cleaning up from all my activity. After I sat back and had a smoke and just enjoyed looking at my bike. Even dorked out and stuffed one of the carbs on just to see. With a few moments to reflect I'm one lucky s.o.b.

Comment

Wow !
                  I dont know how i missed this thread for so long but i'm sure glad i found it now, great little project that shows what can be done with a little skill & determination well done fella

Ive not built a chop for 10 years or more but now the bar hopper thats been buzzing around in my head for a while has to be built & ITS ALL YOUR FAULT !

Comment

sorry tone but someone had to light the fire! Very flatering that it was me and my lil 400. All it took was determination and about $1200. Should finish up well under two grand, that's done and registered with insurance. If you haven't already seen it the begining of the build is in the owners forum under "newbie-hi ianfrancisco". Shows the frame mods as they progressed and what not. Thanks for the compliment, now go start yours so I'll have another build to follow.

Comment

i like it

i always like the idea of using a cheep jap bike to do a custom. those little yamaha verago v twins also look great. most of us here are into stock or high performance mods. good job , have fun and enjoy what you have created.

Comment

go start yours so I'll have another build to follow.
                        Just as soon as i finish the 750es, the gsxr7/11 & built a new jig

Comment

damn a 7/11!?! I want one of those so bad. Had a fighter 750 a few bikes ago.

Comment

damn a 7/11!?! I want one of those so bad. Had a fighter 750 a few bikes ago.
                            its a 750L frame, usd's, 5.5 rear wheel etc just finishing off the new subframe & doing a dry build then i'll rip it down for paint, powdercoat etc then i need to decide wether to use the engine out of my 1100K fighter or go hunting for another one .......... its going to be a another fighter btw & will hopefully end up 1216cc next year

Comment

pics please!!!!! Or do you have a build thread going?

Comment

pics please!!!!! Or do you have a build thread going?
                                Ive just put a post up for you

here >>>>>>>> http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...744#post944744

cheers tone

Comment

Working...
                                X