No announcement yet.

putting my 400 where it belongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they are interchangeable between cv carbs I have a set of carbs that I can rip one out of to send to you, but thy are unfortunately not here so it would take me a day to a few days to go get it to send it out.

Comment

thanks but that was late night panic. Ordered a new one today. Also picked up my parts from the post office. So hopefuly no more oil leaks and I'll have shiny rebuilt master cylinder in a day or so.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

still need to work on it a but more but what an improvement. Also finished the starter circuit, so no more kicking, unless I'm showing off!LOL Got some help from the smart guys over on the tech forum, so my carb are where they should be now. Lean as could be. Waiting on jets and filters still but should have by end of next week. If it all works out I shouldbe done.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
          I don't think that it takes much to make his bike look good. It looks great from all of the pics that I have seen so far. Don't let that stop you from posting some pics though. It's easy to appreciate someone's ingenuity and their hard work. Some of them I really don't think that I'd like to ride but I definitely appreciate them!
          Geez, hard crowd. I'm looking at my franken-bike and thinking there's a lot more to this than wrenching and tacking on some stuff with a MIG. I posted this question in another thread, but do you have any drawings/dimensions that you can share to show how you made the hardtail? This might be over my head, but after reading about the perils of putting rigid struts on a swingarm, I might have to go all the way. See pic link/thumbnail below.

Atchbo.

Comment

Originally posted by atchbo View Post
            Geez, hard crowd. I'm looking at my franken-bike and thinking there's a lot more to this than wrenching and tacking on some stuff with a MIG. I posted this question in another thread, but do you have any drawings/dimensions that you can share to show how you made the hardtail? This might be over my head, but after reading about the perils of putting rigid struts on a swingarm, I might have to go all the way. See pic link/thumbnail below.

Atchbo.
            perils ? What the bearings? Just have the machine shop make some solid bushings. It's been done for years so I don't see it as all that unsafe. I am however not an engenier(?).
            Go to "thehorsebc.com" to find the how to on hardtails. In the articles section under "how to hardtail a jap bike". Pretty straight forward. There are prefabricated kits for doing this. I want to say tc bros. has a universal set up. I just had the local steel yard make the bends for me and used the stock axle plates.
            There's way more to this than just ripping things off and tacking stuff on. Lots of thought and planning go into these things. Ask anyone on here who's done or doing it. Just wait till you take it apart for paint and everythings on the floor spread out as far as the eye can see.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

so my parts guy failed me! Hate letting others do the ordering, control issues. Specificly asked for small round jets and got large round ones. Still no pods. Fiddling about here and there mostly learning not actualy fixing anything. Drilled out the stock mains to about 132.5, which shows a bit to rich with needle in the middle grove. Moved it to the next leanest notch and got a lean reading. Both readings at about 1/3 throttle since that's when it starts to run like crap, haven't actually got it to run well enuff for a wot pull.

Comment

chasing my problems in the carbs only to find them in the ignition! ATU was stuck. Little sandpaper and grease later, it works fine and runs great. Completly got rid of all hesitation and misfires. Plugs read tanish brown and no smoke of any color out the tailpipes.
                Also in my last post I slammed my parts guy, only to do it to myself. When I ordered my front brake lever I didn't say for a disk brake bike. At least I have the original one, it's just hammered. Also need a few more odds n ends so I need to call them anyways.
                So excited that it runs right but I can't ride it now. Lost my wallet with my temp. regitration in it. The only thing in the damn wallet a phone call couldn't fix. Looking forward to another trip to the DMV !

Comment

man what a difference cleaning up the ATU made. Made the maiden freeway voyage today. Keept up with traffic no problem. I think I may need to work on it a bit more. The rpms kinda hang up on decel and drop after I rap the throttle a bit. Or is this a carb issue?
                  Picked up my pods finally today. Readjusted the mix screws and rode to work. made it just fine even passed a couple of folks. LOL

Comment

it was a year long hunt but I finally found a set of z bars for my bike!(insert school girl squeal) for $25 no less! I'll edit in a pic when I get home tonight. Need to chrome them still but for the price what do u expect. I'm getting lots of looks when I ride it and a few offers to buy but I tell people a price I know they won't pay. It's mine damn it build your own! But if some dummy wants to part with more than it's worth I'll let them LOL got a list of crap to fix this weekend(mon-tues) so I'll be busy with that and my trip to the DMV.
                    As a side, do i have to split the cam chain to do a head gasket ? The only leak I don't want to deal with. I'm afraid to open it up,don't need another snowball.

Comment

got these on as well as a bunch of small fixes. Oil leaks are sealed up, well all but one, head is weeping a bit. Tire doesn't rub the fender any more and my reg/rec are fried. Hence all the battery acid. Got a pm into duaneage already. Gets sweeter every step of the way.

Comment

glad to see it's actually going under it's own power now!!

and is that a Barracuda behind the bikes?????

Comment

no it's a unicorn! LOL actualy it's a 67 dart gt convertible. 340 4 speed 'glass front end and bumpers roll cage hand laid 'glass dash 22gl fuel cell braided lines ...... It's been 15 yrs in the making and I've never driven it! It is close but I keep getting side tracked with other things. I've had and am not kidding, 40 cars since I started this one, not to mention bikes.

Comment

alright smart a$$, see if I compliment you on your bike again!!! lmao

Comment

better than a dumb a$$! I'll take a few pics for you. It's real nice, I've put a ton of time and effort into it. Literally as close to a frame off as you get with a uni body car. All but the paint is of my doing, for better or worse. The only original sheet metal left is the floor boards and the deck lid. Poor car should of been crushed it was so bad. It sat for years at my uncles shop and I had to have it. Young and dumb I guess. I had a hard top model for a minute till I rolled it on the freeway. Went 110 yards on the roof, I was getting out before it even stopped. According to the police I hit the center divider at 85. Lost it on an off camber turn going way to fast. I miss that car.

Comment

since everyone wants more pics, here's one. Best shot of the paint so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X