What to do with the DONOR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with the DONOR?

What's left of 80 750L. Most missing pieces went to 80 1100L. I have a good titled frame. Engine turns over, Carbs rebuilt and ready to put on. Need to check the starter clutch and a few other things before I attempt to fire her up.

I am inclined to trade it off or sell, but on the other hand winters are long here(Montana) I might just try and get her road worthy.

What's the consensus?

Well, I have a great deal of dislike for that particular motor, but the plus side for you is there are alot of people around here that might need bits off of it. Id say part it out....but, im biased...lol.

Comment

Looks like the basis for a great custom project. It's got Bobber or Cafe written all over it.

Comment

Nothing another good donor wouldn't fix.
        Go for it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Fix it.... these bikes need to start being saved, dont kill ittttt

Comment

Here's a challenge... don't alter the frame, suspension, or motor... do something completely unique with cosmetic changes only, seeing as it looks like that's what you're missing.

Seems lately like everyone's doing a cafe or bobber, so why not go somewhere completely different? Not that there's anything wrong with a cafe or bobber of course...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Here's a challenge... don't alter the frame, suspension, or motor... do something completely unique with cosmetic changes only, seeing as it looks like that's what you're missing.

Seems lately like everyone's doing a cafe or bobber, so why not go somewhere completely different? Not that there's anything wrong with a cafe or bobber of course...

of course theres somthing wrong with it , it's sacriledge!

Comment

Looks hopeless. I'd say part it out, starting by sending me those carbs and left front caliper. Oh well, I tried...

Comment

Originally posted by po-boy View Post
                  Looks hopeless. I'd say part it out, starting by sending me those carbs and left front caliper. Oh well, I tried...

Looks like the least of your worries based off ya avatar!!!!

Comment

I say chop. Not a bobber but a true to life chop. Take the frame up and out rigid rear sparklly paint. I don't know could be the mood I'm in, as normaly I don't go for these.
                    And po-boy don't listen to skid he rides a shaftie. Probably stock even. I mean why do we slam each other? We all love and ride gs's and that's all that should matter. if one guy wants to ride a stock piece that's his choice( my buell is stone stock) but if they opt for the saw more power to them. It takes balls to cut up anything and make it your own. Will it be cool?will it suck? That is up to each individual to decide after chosing the desired path.
                    Newbee if you part it out then you have the hassle of dealing with flakey people. Not to imply anyone here is a flake. You seem to have lots of bikes maybe it's just spare parts for you. A bolt here a nut there.
                    LOL A nut there!

Comment

And a 650 shaftie at that :P

Only kidding...

its your bike, do what you want with it. If its salvageable, i say rebuild it, hell if you do a nice job, come spring you might get a grand or so out of it.

But, if its gonna be tough to clean up, at least keep it on the road and do SOMETHING with it. Then again, like I said, there are ALWAYS people looking for those parts (someone told me once those particular bikes have some sort of problem??) If you dont wnat to spend the dough in doing something with it yourself, help someone else get THEIRS back on the road. At least it didnt rot in a scrap yard, or become soda and beer cans...

Comment

Working...
                      X