Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddle bag mounting issues! How did you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddle bag mounting issues! How did you do it?

I recently bought a set of leather saddle bag for my '80 GS550E that are made to be put under the seat and tied down if necessary, My problems are these, The hinge on my seat is back far enough that the strip of leather between the saddle bags is curling up against it and preventing it from sitting level on both sides, I think I can solve this by cutting a short slice into the leather to slide around the hinge. The other problem is the helmet holder/clip on the right side of the bike, the center strip lays over this and causes the leather to ripple out and make the bags look really cockeyed. I think I could also cut a hole out for this to come throught the leather, but I want to know, will this ruin the integrity of the center support and cause it to fall apart? Also as they are set now, the bags sit on the mufflers, which being leather I don't think will be a great problem on short ride, but I don't want them to sit like that permanently, but I would like to figure out if I can fix these first.

Thanks

Ben

Ya gotta get some pictures to share. How do the Bag straps work on top of the seat ? Sounds like thats the way to go. Your pipes will burn a hole in them otherwise.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Its actually one solid strap.

Comment

Working...
      X