GS1100GZ resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GZ resto

Im thinking of putting a 1" handle bar on my bike. I cant find ant nice grips for the 7/8th bars.
    i think i can just bore every thing out 1/8th"
    im replacing the throttle to sence im using Mikuni 34mm RS carbs i need a push pull throttle.
    anyone try this?
    I also need to know what Harley Davidson puts on the flat black motors.
    it looks like a coating. I want my motor to look like that.

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
    Im thinking of putting a 1" handle bar on my bike. I cant find ant nice grips for the 7/8th bars.
    Define nice grips. The standard in the world today is 7/8" bars, going to 1" bars will limit your choices unless you only want the ugly cruiser stuff. I would look harder for grips that suit before I went to the trouble of messing with all my controls just to get different grips. If nothing else, sleeve the 7/8" bars up to 1" and put your 1" grips on that...

Mark

Comment

ya i could sleave them. the only 7/8th grips i can find local are the cheep foam ones. online i cant find any that dont look cheep.
      all the quality grips iv seen are for 1"bars. arnt all the new metric cruisers all 1" bars.

Comment

ya i could sleave them. the only 7/8th grips i can find local are the cheep foam ones. online i cant find any that dont look cheep.
        all the quality grips iv seen are for 1"bars. arnt all the new metric cruisers all 1" bars.
        Again, define quality. I use nothing but Pro Grip gel grips on my street bikes and they are available everywhere. Last well, good price, nice and tacky and absorb vibration well.

I expect most all the cruisers are 1" bars because HD uses them and they all want to be like HD.

Edit - Here is a picture and details for the Pro Grips http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Road-Grip.aspx

Mark

Comment

i wound never even looked at those because the look like dirtbike grips. those do look nice tho. all you can find localy is eather dirt bike or the cheep foam one like on eba. Harly grips r everyware. Im looking for bigger grips. i like the leather two tone grips iv seen. no fring or any thing just well made.

Comment

I also need to know what Harley Davidson puts on the flat black motors.
            it looks like a coating. I want my motor to look like that.
            If you want to get the look of the black crinkle paint on HD engines & side covers, buy the actual HD brand black crinkle paint. It is THE best product you get get at their dealership. I've used it a number of times & always had great results. If you want a lot of crinkle, do a number of light coats about 20 minutes apart so it has time to do its crinkle thing.. Once it is on there, you can use it for touch up later and will match up perfectly.

I wish I knew who actually made it, so I could save a couple bucks a can though.

Comment

Working...
            X