Tremclad Paint Job Begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stain View Post
    Mine has come out EXCELLENT!!! Better than hoped!
    Pics??? Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Regards,

Comment

Mine, not so good. I have some ripples in the paint even after I have done my final buffing with rubbing compound. It's just not smooth if you know what I mean. There seems to be lots of paint, so maybe I should go back and use the 2000 grit again to try to smooth it out, then rubbing compound, then final wax. Check out the pics.

Paul
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

more pictures
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

and the final pic

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
            Mine, not so good. I have some ripples in the paint even after I have done my final buffing with rubbing compound. It's just not smooth if you know what I mean. There seems to be lots of paint, so maybe I should go back and use the 2000 grit again to try to smooth it out, then rubbing compound, then final wax. Check out the pics.

Paul
            2000 grit is way too fine. Get some 400, a spray bottle of water, and go after it. You need to flatten paint out to a smooth level surface before you hit it with fine grit and buff. You can't do that with 2000 grit. At least not in your lifetime.

That's what you do with a good spray job, I'm assuming you need the same here.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X