No announcement yet.

what "off the shelf" cafe seats fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the thread i've been scouring the internet for...Rudy, did you ever consider building another seat for the GS? I have an 83 gs750e and i'm looking for that exact shape.

cheers

Hondo

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    I could be. If you have an idea of what you want (pictures), let me know.

Comment

i am interested as well. from my conversations with hotwing at wold glass he has one that fits, and another that can be slightly modified to fit.

check him out: www.hotwingglass.com

the "bubble" seat his site fits, and the "xr" seat needs a slight trim at the front, but fits as well. I am in the process of ordering the XR seat with uphostery. seems to be what i am looking for.

Comment

Hey man, if you end up with it, let us know how it works...i'm more into the bubble seat, but i might steer towards the XR seat if it fits right
        Originally posted by mr20turbo View Post
        i am interested as well. from my conversations with hotwing at wold glass he has one that fits, and another that can be slightly modified to fit.

check him out: www.hotwingglass.com

the "bubble" seat his site fits, and the "xr" seat needs a slight trim at the front, but fits as well. I am in the process of ordering the XR seat with uphostery. seems to be what i am looking for.

Comment

The XS650 which those seats are made for is of different dimensions than the GS. I have one of both. While it might fit alright, it likely won't fit perfectly. The XS is narrower. Not trying to swing either of you either way, just telling you not to expect perfection.

To answer your question Hondo, if you would like something made, just let me know. Not really actively looking for extra projects, but always up for helping out a fellow GSer.

Comment

I want to add a new seat to my bike too! Previous Owner tried to fibre-glass his cafe seat and I'm not at all too impressed. I've seen lots but just found these off of the corbin site for the norton:

these for the 1972 & up Triumph Twins:

for the thruxton:

I would think there is some cafe seat out there that would fit the gs550-750 B frame (my frame has had the back end cut off). Hopefully someone on here owns a Norton or a Triumph and can let us know how the gs and British frames compare?

Comment

I have bought a seat from cafe race inc. It should be here within a week or so. I will post back and let you know how it fits, and what mods are required to make it work.

Comment

i am going to try my hand at building one unless one pops up that will bolt on with minimal modification. i like those norton/triumph ones posted.

Comment

I adapted a used Moto-Carrera xr style...took a little fabricating, but it is really light. Had the local upholstery guy cover my homemade seat pan with black vinyl/red piping. Total was about $125 for everything.

A straight bolt-on is going to be hard to find...

Comment

Rudy, that'd be awesome! PM me if you've got the time, i'm more than happy to pay you for your services.

Originally posted by rudy View Post

To answer your question Hondo, if you would like something made, just let me know. Not really actively looking for extra projects, but always up for helping out a fellow GSer.

Comment

i realize nothing is going to bolt on, as there isnt anything to bolt to... hook to or slide in would have worked, but ive ground all of that stuff off of the frame. im looking to weld in something i can run a bolt thru and secure the seat.

Comment

Hi Jed-Here are some pics of my seat and the mounting brackets I came up with-Hope this helps or gives you an idea--

Comment

Working...
                        X