footpeg conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footpeg conversion

Was wondering if there was some kind of conversion to go from a foot peg to a foot rest. I have an 81 gs650 with the footpegs but would like to make a foot rest like you see on the bigger touring bikes. Is there some kind of kit out there or is this even feasible to do? Would like to be a bit more comfortable on the long rides as my feet get uncomfortable..

If the foot rest your talking about is like the platform, where your foot sits ontop of well i guess a platform... anyway, if this is what your talking about i've seen this on a 750. If nobody answers your questions, the next time i go to Baltimore Cycle Salvage, which is often i'll ask about this.

Comment

Yea thats what I'm referring to. Didnt really know how to describe it actually. Seems it would keep my feet from getting numb on those long rides.

I guess there called floorboards as seen on the bigger bikes but Ive wondered if they are made for a smaller bike like my gs650
      Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2009, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I have never seen your bike but have been working to get a relaxed foot position on my gs750ed. There are relationships to consider. First and foremost are the shift and brake lever to toe. You don't want to make either of these difficult if you're in a hurry.
        Then there is the 'how quick can I get my foot to the ground in an emergency', 'how can I get my sidestand down' and 'how will my centre stand work with the rest of my adjustments' questions. After those have been taken care of, you might need to think about what is going to happen to your foot bones, calf bones and bike parts if you have to slip your bike to the ground in an unexpected hurry. Are they going to be compressed in an unnatural way by your modifications?
        I don't know what is going to work for you, but it's sometimes better to just get a bike that fits you and is comfortable from the get go than to try to make a silk purse from a sows ear.
        S.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse47 View Post
          I have never seen your bike but have been working to get a relaxed foot position on my gs750ed. There are relationships to consider. First and foremost are the shift and brake lever to toe. You don't want to make either of these difficult if you're in a hurry.
          Then there is the 'how quick can I get my foot to the ground in an emergency', 'how can I get my sidestand down' and 'how will my centre stand work with the rest of my adjustments' questions. After those have been taken care of, you might need to think about what is going to happen to your foot bones, calf bones and bike parts if you have to slip your bike to the ground in an unexpected hurry. Are they going to be compressed in an unnatural way by your modifications?
          I don't know what is going to work for you, but it's sometimes better to just get a bike that fits you and is comfortable from the get go than to try to make a silk purse from a sows ear.
          S.
          haha That is funny good luck polishing a turd

Comment

i have a gs1100gl and i have the bigger...i call them miniboards from the GK on mine. they have about 3/4 thick rubber padding on a id guess 3.5 inch wide peg. there comfy.

Comment

I have been wondering about trying to fabricate something like "floorboards" for my 850. Seems like if you could do it right it would be much more comfortable than the skinny stock pegs.

Comment

the things i saw on that 750 were definatly not homemade or custom, or if they were custom the dude did a good job

Comment

floorboards

go to J&P Cycles part 5500000 universal mini floorboards.They look good and cheap too.Will be looking at a set as well.Let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                  X