1100E tail on a kat? like or dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
    Maybe if you had a rear fender on there it might help, but it looks just a hair too long.
    Hey, look at that 70 Torino. I had a 70 GT. Pulled out the windsor and put in a cobra 351, c6 tranny with shift kit, b&m ratchet shifter, hooker headers and a ton more.
    Last edited by katman; 02-12-2009, 06:31 AM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Easy pal ..

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Meh. It looks Ok. Never was a fan of that tail anyway, nor the lunchbox headlight. If it was shorter, I think i might like it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
        That's friggin' ugly

Ditto . Looks like a butchered collector's item to me.

(just my 2c)

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I was curious how it would look so I shortened the seat by about the length of the rear tail light, colored in the tail section about as well as I could to match and extended the side cover.

I think this is looking pretty cool.

Pos

now thats more what i had in mind .....made for it

Comment

Would have looked better with a ED back end.

Comment

I don't mind the look but it could be a little shorter. Of course sometimes I look at my Kat and think the tail looks cut off.
              Must depend on my mood.

Chris
              1983 750 Katana
              1982 750 Katana (parts use)
              1983 RZ350

Comment

I think it looks great, that raised rib at the rear edge of the seat could go, overall an excellent custom mod! Leave the swing arm alone too, stretch that and the whole visual effect of the new tail would be lost.

Not a fan of the shortened/stubby rear look either, it reminds me of those corny 4x4's you see every now and then that have their pickup beds whacked and the tailgate moved to the edge of the wheel well opening.

Comment

I think you need that little rib in the seat, if it were perfectly smooth, it would look real long like missile sticking off the back.

yeah, the torino need's a bb and a 4 speed. one day.

Comment

That seat is history. I tore it apart and pulled all the extra foam out of it. Recontoured the back with plastic as the 1100E seat has much sharper corners than the kat. the kat has a small rise in back which I restored. I am also having the seam at the back removed. I want a two piece cover not three.

This is what it looked like just before I sent it to the upholsterer.

Last edited by katman; 02-16-2009, 03:30 AM.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
                      That seat is history. I tore it apart and pulled all the extra foam out of it. Recontoured the back with plastic as the 1100E seat has much sharper corners than the kat. the kat has a small rise in back which I restored. I am also having the seam at the back removed. I want a two piece cover not three.

This is what it looked like just before I sent it to the upholsterer.

From this angle it looks really good, I see what you mean about the seat

Comment

Just my opinion, but I think it makes the bike look too long in the back...imbalanced. Just my thought.
                        -KR

Comment

I think it looks pretty good...don't have a problem with the over-all length.

Comment

Not a big fan of the length. The lines flow with the bike though, so if there was some way to shorten it up I think it would rock.

The bike looks like it's only got one set of foot rests, so try to talk the owner into letting you make it into a solo seat. Then use that back where the rear part of the seat would be now.

This is just a quick and dirty paint remix, because I don't have PS loaded on this PC, but you can get the idea...

Comment

lookin sweeet

Hi there Def looking good,In my opinion I would use the 1982-83 gs1100 rear end set up with cut down fender hmmm but it might make it look cafe racer like...,just a thought.......every time i see that rear end i think of the 1981 Suzuki gs1100 with the recockulious set of guages with a picture of the bike,kinda like a map of the mall...Anyhow good thinkin.

Comment

Just wondering how this bike is looking these days??? Sorry for digging this up ... well, no I'm not. I like this bike. After seeing the photo-shop mod I may have to re-evaluate my initail thought and say that I like it "long" ... hmmm, that didn't sound good!
                                Anyway, the tail section of a Kat has always been the subject of modificational interest for 'those who do'.

Comment

Working...
                                X