Help Please 1977 gs 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please 1977 gs 750

Can someone with a 1977-79 model GS 750 (not "L" model) please give me the measurements of the "stock" handlebars. Width, rise, pullback, and how large the center section is. Bought my bike with drag bars and need upright seating position. May purchase new aftermarket bars very similar to stock specs. Or if someone out there has a set of stock bars they are willing to part with pm me. Thanks

I have a pair of stock 81 GS750E bars .. trade you if you want.

Not sure how they compare to your 77 - 79 but someone may be able to tell us.

Comment

bars?

7/8th I think... Not sure on Rise and Sweep...

Comment

I have 2 sets --first from a '79 gs750e--30"wide x 6"rise x 6"pullback--7"inside width--second from a '77 gs750--30"wide x 7'rise x 10"pullback--6"inside width--both removed from bikes that previous owners had for 10 years and both were on bikes when previous owners purchased bikes--honestly, I don't know if these are stock or not but I believe the '77 set is stock as the rest of this bike was--the '79 bike had some non stock parts, so this set could be incorrect--hope this helps!

Comment

The first set [79 gs750e--30"wide x 6"rise x 6"pullback] is pretty close to what was on my 77 when I got it. Might not have been stock, but everything else was.

The bike sure looked better when the came off though!!! LOL

Comment

Beau, just about any stock handle bars from the era will give you an upright riding position. About as close as you'll come to "ape hangers". They will all be 7/8", which will fit your bike. So the different models will be of little significance except for the distance between the clamps. The knurled surface on the bar should match up with the bar clamps on the tree.

Comment

Working...
            X