Test for larger/multiple pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test for larger/multiple pictures

I am having trouble posting larger pictures or more than one per post. Please help.

It's best to use a site like Photobucket to store your pics and post from. What I did with yours was right click and select properties. Then copy the web address for your photo and paste it into the image box for your post. Just click on the image icon again for every photo you want to post.

Comment

test for larger images

test

Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the broken-up manner of my posts.

I have explained what I've been doing to my 1980 GS-1100-ET, in a recent posting, but have been unable to properly add photos to the story. I am an admitted computer idiot. I needed the assistance of my wife and daughter, who were also pretty lost in the secrets of picture posting. I thank the advisors in this forum as well. I hope to fully understand how to do this someday, but as of today, the story and the pictures are helplessly stranded from one another. Thanks. ESW

Comment

Hi Mr. GS-ESW,

There is a "how to" about posting pictures located on my website. While your there, check out the mega-welcome.

Basically, you need to store your pictures online somewhere, out in "the cloud". I use Photobucket, but there are several image hosting sites and services. Then link to them in your posts. One of the easiest ways is to use the [img] and [/img] tags before and after the picture's URL (the URL is the "address" on the web where it's being stored). You can embed up to 4 pictures per post. You've been "attaching" pictures to your post. You can only attach one picture at a time and it has to be a very small file size.

For example, I have a picture located at http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/dscf3832.jpg . (Use "copy and paste" instead of typing that whole URL.) If I put [img] in front and [/img] behind the URL (Universal Resource Locator), it shows up thusly:

Actually, Photobucket (and most other image hosting sites) will have the "img" code right there for you to copy and paste into your forum posts. I use the Firefox browser, but I think Internet Explorer will allow you to copy and paste pictures directly from your image hosting site into your forum post.

Now, let' see some pictures!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

P.S. Just in case you haven't noticed, most of the blue underlined type are clickable links.

Comment

Bigger picture, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X