Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Trunks that Work with Vetter Mounts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after going out to the garage and seriously looking at the mounts for the first time, I don't think they are designed for the GS at all. They were made to fit relatively well, but there is no way that they would actually hold bags level at all...when I put them to a point where they WOULD be holding the bags level, the mount on the front that should go down somewhere near the foot rests was a good 4 inches away from any hard point on the bike.

So obviously the previous owner got them from some other bike and just made them fit.

I think I'm going to take the whole frame off and just go with some nice large soft sided saddle bags. I had wanted the trunk, but this Vetter stuff just seems to be like more of an expensive hassle than it's worth. I like the fairing, but I may just end up ditching that, too. I don't want to because I bought the bike for mainly highway riding, but the parts to replace windshields and trim and such for that big thing are way more money than they should be.

Comment

Working...
    X