Decals for '83 GS750ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decals for '83 GS750ES

I'm trying to find a decal kit for a GS750ES with no success. What I did find, however, is a company that makes reproduction decal kits for many bikes (including some old Suzuki's).

I didn't see the GS750ES on the list so I decided to contact them to see if they could make one up. Here's their reply.

Steve:

Unfortunately, we do not have these decals available at this time.

We are actively trying to expand our product line to cover as many models as possible. Hopefully an original example to use will become available in the near future. Without original parts with the decals still intact or NOS (new old stock) decals to work with, we are unable correctly reproduce the graphics.

Thank you,
    Ellen

So my questions to this group are:

1) Does anyone have an old decal set they can use as an example.
    2) Is anyone besides me interested in a reproductions set for this model? I'm sure the more that are interested, the greater chance we have of getting this set on the market.

If no one has a decal set, I'm going to see if they will accept my plastic and tank as an example. All of the decals are still on them, they just need a new coat of paint to cover some dings in the tank and scratches here and there.

If you are willing to send them bodywork they will reproduce the decals for free. You can get GS700ES sets from them which might fit you bodywork well enough.

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
        If you are willing to send them bodywork they will reproduce the decals for free. You can get GS700ES sets from them which might fit you bodywork well enough.
        I saw the GS700 set, but it's BLUE! I do like the red. I know, vanity. lol

Comment

I've sent email to them asking if I can send parts. Waiting on their response. If it's a go, I'll package them up and send this weekend.

Comment

I have done this. I sent my 79 GS1000e parts and they sent me back my parts and new decals. My only cost was shipping back and forth. Dan

Comment

OK, they replied back basically saying what you guys stated. If I ship my parts to them I get a free decal set.

I'll be packing them up for shipment this weekend. I just have to prep them for shipment. The biggest task is removing all of the gasoline from the tank. I've drianed it already and letting it air out. Anyone know of any other precautions I should take?

Comment

I'm shipping the parts to Reproduction Decals today so they can create a set for the 750ES. They're all boxed up and ready to go.

I'll post again when I get the parts back with the new decals. Their site should have the update by then.

Comment

I need to get in touch with them and see if they'll offer the 700 decals for the E model without the fairing pieces and reproduce them in red. They should be able to go by the red on your bike Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                    I need to get in touch with them and see if they'll offer the 700 decals for the E model without the fairing pieces and reproduce them in red. They should be able to go by the red on your bike Steve.
                    Yea, I would imagine they could make a set for your bike without problems. I'll check later today, if I get some time, on if they've recieved my parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X