Right side glove box or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right side glove box or not?

I have a 82 GS650G and I have the side covers, here is my question though.

I have it at a mechanic's and he asked me about the right side air filter box cover?? I thought that little black plastic box was a glove box?

Which is it and if I don't have the cover for that box, anyone have an idea on how to get one?

Thanks guys.

Okay...okay...I checked the manual and confirmed for myself that it is an air filter cover. Can you say N-O-O-B?

Anyways, need to know if the cover is an easy part to come by? Anyone?

Comment

i am looking to found a right need a left.they can get pricy.Take a look at my post and see what i got for 55.00

Comment

Well, first take the gloves out...

Is the air filter still in there?

Check the online microfiche at http://flatoutmotorcycles.com and see if the part is still available. If not, post in the parts wanted section of this site.

In the meantime, cover the hole with just about anything -- your bike will run a lot better if air only gets into the airbox where it's supposed to.

Search the tech forum for "sealing airbox" for more info.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by 82glx View Post
          i am looking to found a right need a left.they can get pricy.Take a look at my post and see what i got for 55.00
          I have the side covers, I am looking for the airfilter box cover...

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

Check the online microfiche at http://flatoutmotorcycles.com and see if the part is still available. If not, post in the parts wanted section of this site.

In the meantime, cover the hole with just about anything -- your bike will run a lot better if air only gets into the airbox where it's supposed to.

Didn't see it online, thanks for tip though. In my manual, it looks like the OEM cover is somewhat "perforated" if thats what you want to call it. If covering it with some sort of material, should it have 'slots' in it or something? And no, there is no airfilter in it currently - will be in a few days though.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

check bikebandit.com

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
                In my manual, it looks like the OEM cover is somewhat "perforated" if thats what you want to call it. If covering it with some sort of material, should it have 'slots' in it or something? And no, there is no airfilter in it currently - will be in a few days though.
                Can anyone help me with the above question? If you're covering it with something, it shouldn't be completely sealed right? Should it have breather holes?

Comment

No, no breather holes. The airbox that the cover fits on has the intake holes in it. The left and right side airbox covers have gaskets that seal to the airbox, very important for proper fuel/air mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

if you go on bikelciff's website he has a great tutorial on there about sealing the airbox for cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X