gsxr front end and gauge swap for 82 gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr front end and gauge swap for 82 gs1100

I have just swapped out my front end of my 82 gs1100e with a 1994 gsxr 750 inverted one. Has anybody had any success with other styles of speedometer/gauges and hooking up easily to the 82 gs1100e wiring as well as the newer style gsxr front end?

Pretty well works with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post

Pretty well works with everything.
      Nice it looks fun.

Comment

I'm using GSXR gauges. Just takes a little rewiring.

Comment

I had my Acewell speedo/tach mounted like this on the GSXR front end for a while.

Comment

Like the Acewell PJ, I have to say mounting the clocks is probably the most challenging part of a front end conversion. Still working on modifying a bracket, scrapped my first one. Top triple came with mounts for 93-95 GSXR gauges. Anyone no how hard it is to wire it up to the 82 harness?

Comment

Not very hard. You have to lose the plug that hooks into the original gauges then do some splicing. I'd have to take a look at my gauges and see if the orange/black wire or the red/black wire on the GSXR tach is the signal wire. One is power and the other is signal. I may be able to find an old post of mine in the archives that covers the tach wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                Not very hard. You have to lose the plug that hooks into the original gauges then do some splicing. I'd have to take a look at my gauges and see if the orange/black wire or the red/black wire on the GSXR tach is the signal wire. One is power and the other is signal. I may be able to find an old post of mine in the archives that covers the tach wiring.
                Thanks Billy, If I could find a decent set of gsxr clocks it might simplify things.

Comment

Here's the old thread on hooking up the tach.
                  This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X