GS700E Decal Set Available at Reproduction Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700E Decal Set Available at Reproduction Decals

Since JWhelan sent his ES bodywork of for duplication I contacted them to see if they could make up a set for the naked E and in red. They are putting together a set and will make the necessary change to the GS700E model decals that go on the side panels. The set will run $89. JWhelan's set is in blue so they should be able to put an E set together in either color now.

They either have, or should be getting soon, my plastic and tank so they can make up a set for the '83 GS750ES. I also sent an email to them taht stated they could make a set for the E model by simply eliminating the fairing decals (at least that's my understanding).

I guess the bottom line here is that we should have a decal set for the 750E/ES fairly soon.

Is JWhelan's bodywork for a 700ES?

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
      They either have, or should be getting soon, my plastic and tank so they can make up a set for the '83 GS750ES. I also sent an email to them taht stated they could make a set for the E model by simply eliminating the fairing decals (at least that's my understanding).

I guess the bottom line here is that we should have a decal set for the 750E/ES fairly soon.

Yes, the only difference in the 700E and ES models is that the model decals on the E are all white and go on the side panels instead of the fairing, the SUZUKI tank decals should be red, and of course no fairing decals. I think they will be using the red from your bodywork for the red 700 decals, It should be the same red.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Yes mine is an ES...great work guys..was hopin someone would send in the red. Here is mine prior to shipping to them.

Comment

I sent Ellen an old magazine centerfold so they could see the difference in the GS700E model decals. Only $89 for the E set.

Comment

That's a pretty good deal. The one way shipping (USPS) for my bodywork was over $90. It took 2 packages since there is a limit on how large you can ship.

Oh well, this isn't going to be cheap to restore this bike. Anyone wanna' come over and clean parts?

Comment

Yeah!!! I was going to start a rebuild on my '83 GS750ES too! Awesome timing...

Comment

Reproduction Decal question

Hi Steve:

The art work is well under way for your decals. Just 1 question. Andre can make the red area as a decal rather then having to paint it on or he can just do the stripes and have the red painted on.
                Any thoughts?

Thanks,
                Ellen

How was the 700 set handled? What would everyone prefer? Any thoughts?

Comment

I made an executive decision and asked them to make the red part of the decal.

Comment

I made an executive decision and asked them to make the red part of the decal.
                    That's how it's handled on the 700. Good call, chief.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:
                    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

The E set they made for me has the red panels with the GS700E in white on the side panels like it should be. Interesting that the decals install like window tint with a a little soapy water so you can slide them for positioning then squeegee them down.

Comment

The decals for the '83 GS750ES are now available.

Comment

Working...
                        X