• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yads. Will you marry me? LOL

You're an artist mate. Top job.

Comment

Bribird:
      Thanks for the comments dude, maybe one day i'll achieve something like your own 650, that's real eye candy right there! I sure hope it's gonna be up and running soon. I NEARLY poured some fuel in the tank today and cranked it over but without any pipes at all, i talked myself out of it. I might put the Marshall pipe on there just to hear if it's gonna fire up or not, not much of a job to put the zaust on temp anyway...... Still waiting for my silencers to arrive so i can cut them up and fab an exhaust/s

Richarr:
      I've read your "junk" thread many times and i just love that ride, it's something special is that. To hear good words from you after seeing what you've acomplished with your own project is truly gratifying, thanks very much. I'm already thinking of my next project (i know, i know!), i think a bobber / chop type of thing might be on the cards if i can find the right donor, i WON'T cut a bike up unless it's truly shagged but i don't want anything standard. I'd like another shaftie tbh, they look soooooo clean at the back when you black em out and let's face it, performance isn't much of an issue on that style of bike anyway.

Zooks:
      What can i say? Errrrm.....
      I have big fingers so you had better have a big ring..............hahahahahahahah, i always look forward to your comments dude, cheers!

Joking aside, i've had a fantastic response so far, i'm a newbie on here and feel VERY welcome and at ease. I've had some "big hitters" on the forum find the time to leave comments for me and you just don't get that from others i've joined in the past.
      Cheers guys, it means a lot to be able to share the project and take advice from others, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yaddy View Post
        Pure, hot, filthy sex!!!

Seriously beautiful mate!!!

Comment

Mate,
          That is one of the best looking cafe bikes I have seen, especially the arse end.
          Keep it up!
          Cheers

Comment

Agreed. That bike looks GREAT!. Love the tail light, too. Knew it would be more appropriate than the Model A lamp..nice work, man.
            1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Sweet !!

That big open area in the middle where the battery was, is that where the box of kleenx goes for all that have made a mess looking at it... LOL or the number plate... Been watching from the start ... very impressed. Great job !!!

Comment

hey bro awsome bike howd u do that tail end is it all custom made?

Comment

This is a very inspirational build. I've always loved the look of the cafe bike. But this takes it to a new level. Very clean and unique.
                  The taillamp looks modern, yet has that classic look. Job well done !!

Dohc

Comment

hey out of curiosity what did you do to get the carbs and other pieces polished? Did you sand them down yourself or blast them?

Comment

Looks GREAT !!! Wasn't sure how the tank would come out. but after the work you did on it i have to say it is killer

Comment

Originally posted by Odinist View Post
                        Pure, hot, filthy sex!!!

Seriously beautiful mate!!!
                        Thanks Buddy!

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                        Mate,
                        That is one of the best looking cafe bikes I have seen, especially the arse end.
                        Keep it up!
                        Cheers
                        You not seen many then? Lol

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                        Agreed. That bike looks GREAT!. Love the tail light, too. Knew it would be more appropriate than the Model A lamp..nice work, man.
                        Yup, good call, i likes it.

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
                        That big open area in the middle where the battery was, is that where the box of kleenx goes for all that have made a mess looking at it...
                        Best not.........., Cheers for the compliments

Originally posted by bobbin6fitty View Post
                        hey bro awsome bike howd u do that tail end is it all custom made?
                        The rear frame section is custom, the seat pan is custom too. The tail unit is off something, i dunno what though, i just filled and reshaped to suit my wants, along with some glass reinforcing inside.

Originally posted by dohc View Post
                        This is a very inspirational build. I've always loved the look of the cafe bike. But this takes it to a new level. Very clean and unique.
                        Very nice, thank you.

Originally posted by AudiA4_20T View Post
                        hey out of curiosity what did you do to get the carbs and other pieces polished? Did you sand them down yourself or blast them?
                        I hand sanded all the ally parts and 2-stage polished everything, 3-stage would be absolute mirror finish. I plan to finish the polishing once the bikes complete. Those carbs aren't polished btw, that's powder coating!

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
                        Looks GREAT !!! Wasn't sure how the tank would come out. but after the work you did on it i have to say it is killer
                        Cheers Buddy, i wasn't sure about that tank either. It's growing on me though, i have to say.

Comment

Yaddy, that bike is so sick! Did you paint her yourself? Very deep gloss too. That tailight fits PERFECTLY. I agree that the shaft works better for your bike. I had a GS850 shaft and wanted a chain GS so bad. I have a chained GS750 and after seeing your shaft driven, now I want the shaft driven back. Man, they should have built them like that.

Last thing, what size tires do you have front and rear? Tube type? Will that back one fit a chained GS width wise? You rock!

Comment

Hey Dude,
                            yeah, i painted it myself, was a lonnnnnnng hard weekend and a comedy of errors but i got there in the end!
                            The shaftie is perfect for the clean open look, if i were building something based on performance though, chain it all the way for sure........

Those tyres are tubeless Avon Roadriders, you can fit them with tubes too if you want to. Sizes are standard 110 up front and 130 rear, they do look a bit bigger though don't they......

Dunno if those sizes would fit your GS? I know the front at a 110, is slightly bigger than my GS1000, that has 100 up front and 120 rear, could haved fitted the 130 in there EASILY though.
                            Cheers for the comments Dude, much appreciated.

Comment

Yaddy,

That is a seriously slick ride. Just beautiful!!
                              All the answers you came up with for the problems a build like that presents are so smooth and well thought out. Very impressive...

I have just gotten back into bikes (85 GS1150E) now that my kids are grown up and out of the house. I have a bulletin board in my garage and am posting inspirational build pictures on it. This bike is all over it along with nvr2old's and several others from this great forum.

VERY, VERY nice job. Pat yourself on the back... you deserve it.

With admiration, Don

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                                I have a bulletin board in my garage and am posting inspirational build pictures on it. This bike is all over it along with nvr2old's and several others from this great forum.
                                Hi Don,

ta very much for your comments, i am so stoked that people actually like the bike, It's my first attempt at custom work. I've done standard resto's before but never anything that involved having to get a little creative.

I'm humbled that you see fit to have a picture of my bike for inspiration, i agree that nvr2old's is an impressive build and many, many more on the forum are just as nice. It makes me very happy that you see my bike as being anywhere near the quality of some others on here, very happy indeed!

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X