newb with saddle bag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newb with saddle bag question

Hi I have a 1983 gs400e (same body as a 1983+ 450e) and I would like soft or hard saddle bags for some extra storage for some of my work gear (I use my bike for work in the summer).

what do I need? can I use any bags or what? I see tons on ebay for other bikes and they come with brackets etc...

also a cargo rack or similar would be nice too, I have a givi hard case but it needs something to mount too...

thanks!

Check out JCWhitney online. They have hard trunks, you could take two of the small ones and mount them as saddlebags, and the big one as a trunk., More secure than soft bags.

Comment

I guess what I needed most is info on HOW to mount them. I can probably figure it out my self, but if anyone else has done it, or if there are some generic ones that actually work, that reduces the amount of swearing my baby daughter is exposed to

Comment

I will take some pics of how I did mine.
        1. from the rack down along the back of the plate
        2. from the rear signal light mount to the bottom of the back of the plate(forms a triangle with the one coming down from the rack)
        3. from the grab handle mount to the footpeg, supporting the front of the plate.
        Is good and solid, just used 1" X3/16" flat steel for the mounts.

Comment

Go to ebay get the ones where you will not need a bracket.They go under seat of course and secure with zip ties.Around 50.00 have a set on a KZ and a GS.They are NOT high end but get the job done.

Comment

Working...
          X