82 GS1100GK Luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100GK Luggage

I'm working on mounting the trunk and saddlebags from an 82 GS1100GK on to a 79 GS850. The basic mounting points seem to line up okay but it appears I need to fab a couple brackets.
    Can anyone send me some good pictures of the mounting points for the trunk rack and side bag racks? or tell me where I might find them?
    My email is sdo58@yahoo.com
    Thanks

I sent you an email and forgot to attach the pics but I will send them right now. I hope they help.

Comment

I got both emails but no pictures. Please try again if you get a chance.

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Scotto,

Have just emailed several pictures I had taken for that very purpose a couple years ago.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

More chrome than a shower rail convension

Comment

Thanks for the pictures guys. They will help alot. 1 problem I've encountered with my setup-my seat is hinged on the left(as you're standing behind the bike) and will hit on the support bar of the trunk rack. Just have to relocate the tool kit and make sure the battery in tip top shape. lol

Scott

Comment

Not sure if mine has the correct seat on it..but it seems to be....anyway it slots into two brackets at the front (just a couple inches the seat side of the tank) and has a key lock in the rear duck tail...that way it hinges forward...i like it, even with the top box on its no drama to get under seat.

Comment

Yeah they changed how the seat mounts in 81 or 82.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                X