Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki brand sidecar? Is it real?

found this in my local used site

looks pretty rad, actually. Personally I'd lose the top case and the wind shroud thing, but the sidecar is pretty cool! Is it really suzuki?

Wow that is cool. Wish i had 4000 and a dog.

Comment

I don't think Suzuki ever made a side car. It is kind of cute !

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
        Wow that is cool. Wish i had 4000 and a dog.
        You come up with the 4000, I'll give you a dog.

Comment

I saw that, looks verynice, like a "factory" look for sure, whoever put that together cared what it looked like, obviously not the owner selling it, as he has let it go considerably.

850 not enough for a side car? jeez what is enough then?

Comment

Too bad it's so expensive. Engine is knocking? I'd bet there's a lot wrong with this bike, as is the case with most of these old girls. It's a nice place to start but my guess is it's another $1-2k minimum to get her running reliably and looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by donimo View Post
              I saw that, looks verynice, like a "factory" look for sure, whoever put that together cared what it looked like, obviously not the owner selling it, as he has let it go considerably.

850 not enough for a side car? jeez what is enough then?
              Depends on how fast you want to accelerate I guess. Hell I consider an 850 minimum for carrying a passenger. I got tired of my 1000 being so drag ass with a passenger so one of the reasons I'm builiding it out to an 1100.

Comment

Ha I have been riding a 50cc for the last 4 years, I think my 400 is a balls to the wall monster bike!

I should stay off anything faster so I can keep this awe of my bike alive eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri View Post
                  You come up with the 4000, I'll give you a dog.
                  LOL! Pretty much eh? 4000 for that machine, cool and unique as it is, is awfully high. I was looking at an immaculate '80 850 with collector plates, and a spare parts bike for 1800 last spring. I'm pretty sure it went for less.

Strange he puts things like "underpowered for a sidecar" and "engine knocks" in the ad. Suggests that the bike is straight up hooped if it can't pull the sidecar. I've never rode an 850, but I've heard they are pretty close, maybe a little less powerful than the 750. I ride a 550, and it takes me very little time to wind it up to 150kmh.

Think I'll keep my eye on it, I really like the sidecar......

Comment

i guess underpowered for a sidecar is all in the rider. I owned and rode for 4 years a r-50 bmw iwth a sidecar. it was fun to ride. no speed racer by any means. but without the sidecar on was even funner. Try riding a r-27 bmw with sidecar. that is really anemic. That is not a stock suzuki side car. looks cool though. Even BMW in all their glory years didn't make their own.. they were mostly made by steib

Comment

Originally posted by brand new bike zealot View Post
                      LOL! Pretty much eh? 4000 for that machine, cool and unique as it is, is awfully high. I was looking at an immaculate '80 850 with collector plates, and a spare parts bike for 1800 last spring. I'm pretty sure it went for less.

Strange he puts things like "underpowered for a sidecar" and "engine knocks" in the ad. Suggests that the bike is straight up hooped if it can't pull the sidecar. I've never rode an 850, but I've heard they are pretty close, maybe a little less powerful than the 750. I ride a 550, and it takes me very little time to wind it up to 150kmh.

Think I'll keep my eye on it, I really like the sidecar......
                      maybe Ill keep MY eye on it too heh

Comment

Originally posted by donimo View Post
                        maybe Ill keep MY eye on it too heh
                        curses! C'mon, if an 850 can't lug it, how could your 400

Comment

Originally posted by brand new bike zealot View Post
                          curses! C'mon, if an 850 can't lug it, how could your 400
                          yeah, my 250 pound butt plus a sidecar?

its yours dont worry, I DO like it though.

Comment

looks like a watsonian,
                            they liked the goofy little wheels,
                            mounted a little too far back
                            Last edited by derwood; 04-05-2009, 02:05 AM.
                            GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
                            X