Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress pics of my GS650G fighter.

She is almost finished... woohoo

Any thought on other things i should do to her while i'm at it let me know eh!

Cheers: Mark

Comment

I like it...a lot. Different choice using a shafty for a 'fighter project but it does work.

Only criticism. I'd go two tone with the paint. Red and silver only. Paint the fairing and fender silver and redo the seat either all black or better all red. Wheels should be silver too. Just personal taste mind you. I find three colours a little distracting.

Good work, now enjoy.

cheers,
      Spyug
      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        I like it...a lot. Different choice using a shafty for a 'fighter project but it does work.

Only criticism. I'd go two tone with the paint. Red and silver only. Paint the fairing and fender silver and redo the seat either all black or better all red. Wheels should be silver too. Just personal taste mind you. I find three colours a little distracting.

Good work, now enjoy.

cheers,
        Spyug

Yeah not sticking with silver for the tank, i'm thinking flat black for front mudguard.... headlight cowl... and tank...

Got an LED tail light too it ust isn't on there yet...

Got the new number plate bolts in though, they have a LED in each one to light up the plate....

Thanks for the feedback mate

Comment

Looking good. Flat black will kill it though. It looks good already. I'd lose the black in favour of more red.

You don't have an original 650G fairing do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
            Looking good. Flat black will kill it though. It looks good already. I'd lose the black in favour of more red.

Ahhh when i bought it in south island it had this big headlight windshield one for it? but it was aftermarket to go on the stock round headlight... my old flatmate down there may still have it... apart from that she was naked anyway, wouldn't mind a pop up headlight for her to be honest

Comment

Did it look like this one? - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ght=650+katana

Comment

Is it painted with engine enamel? What'd you use on the engine?

Comment

Oooo geez nope mate this was a BIGGGG one, neither of my katana's had that one on it unfortunately, mustve been a optional extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Rein View Post
                    Is it painted with engine enamel? What'd you use on the engine?

Yep just spraycan black engine enamel from a automotive supply store (supercheapauto here) septone brand from memory...

Comment

I notice you're using pods-have you sorted out the jetting yet? I'm planning to give them a try on my own 650.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                        I notice you're using pods-have you sorted out the jetting yet? I'm planning to give them a try on my own 650.

Its great until 4-5k rpm then it bogs and runs like a piece of ****... need to sort it next time im working on it going to try do it by lifting the slide needles and messing with mixtures, trying to avoid buying jets because i have run out of money

Comment

Hey skidz, looking great!!, You are in this far in the build....I would just throw another 100 bucks at the bike and get the dynojet stage III kit and be done with it. ....But I do know how it is when the project sucks up all your money.

Comment

Hey Mark the bike looks great mate
                            See if your friendly bike shop might lend you a few sets of main jets to do your tuning and then you can buy what you need.

I have to agree with my Aussie friend here the red really pops

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
                            Hey skidz, looking great!!, You are in this far in the build....I would just throw another 100 bucks at the bike and get the dynojet stage III kit and be done with it. ....But I do know how it is when the project sucks up all your money.
                            At the moment $100NZ would barely pay for the postage on a jet kit.

Chhers

Comment

Looks great! Finish it up and go ride it.

Comment

Working...
                              X