My reupholstered seat...very pleased!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reupholstered seat...very pleased!

Here are a few pictures of my newly redone seat. I'm very pleased with the outcome. For $100 bucks you can't beat it. The guy sprayed the pan with a rust protecter paint, and added some a little foam in order to even out my un-even foam that I shaved down.

sorry about the light, maybe I'll take better pictures once I get it out of the garage (haven't had it out in 2 weeks due to weather). Also, I took them with my cell phone too, so they are small.

Very nice. Would you mind posting the contact info for the shop that did the work? Thanks.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by don_gibb6512 View Post
      Very nice. Would you mind posting the contact info for the shop that did the work? Thanks.

Don
      It was done locally here by a guy who I was referred to by a friend. He works for an auto glass company doing seats and convertible tops and then he does work on the side in his garage.

He lives in zip 46405. If you pm me I'll send you his phone number and name.

Comment

Does it look bad? I woulda thought on over 100 views more than one person would comment...even if everyone thought it was terrible I woulda thought someone would say it?

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
          Does it look bad? I woulda thought on over 100 views more than one person would comment...even if everyone thought it was terrible I woulda thought someone would say it?
          Looks fine to me.
          Now, if you really want me find that small imperfection, you can post a bigger pic
          McLoud
          '79 GS850
          `98 GSF1200 Bandit
          sigpic
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

It looks good, you show close ups of the back of it so others can see the workmanship.

Most order the stock looking cover for about $60.00 and mount it themselves.

I'll be sewing up my own seat with contrasting piping when i'm done painting the plastics this year.

Comment

LOOKS GREAT!

Way to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
                Looks fine to me.
                Now, if you really want me find that small imperfection, you can post a bigger pic
                I plan to get some bigger pics up soon. Next time I have it out of the garage I'll get some good ones.

I went very basic. Mostly same seems as the original, without the piping or cross-stiching in the center. I wanted to modernize it abit, without doing anything that would be narrow down buyers if I ever want to sell.

Comment

Same kind of deal I found. I found a guy who does convertible tops, airplane seats, that kind of thing and he did it for $75. Most towns of any size has one of these guys if you can find him.

Comment

Looks good, man!

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
                      I went very basic... without the piping or cross-stiching in the center...
                      Good choice. Always a chance of water seaping through stitches.
                      McLoud
                      '79 GS850
                      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                      sigpic
                      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

I like. Now get some pics of the bike, with the seat, on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
                          Good choice. Always a chance of water seaping through stitches.
                          Yeah, and leaves more likelihood that it might split at those seams too.

The 1/2 and 1/4 inch peices of foam he added include a plastic backing on one side to form a barrier to block moisture for getting to the seat foam too.

Comment

Working...
                          X