B&H seat cover for '78 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&H seat cover for '78 GS750E

Anyone have any experience with (or Pix of) the B&H seat covers?

My seat foam and pan are in good shape, but the cover has several rips.

I called B&H, but they had no photo of that model. I'm wondering just how far from stock the cover is.

If you have a better seat cover recommendation- please share.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

See this thread.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks, I saw this thread earlier. I've considered a travelcade cover, but hoped to find photos of a completed B&H.

Hopefully someone out there has done a 1978 with bump up seat.

T-

Comment

No cover will ever really look like the stock seat this is why I spent a year looking for a good stock seat for my GS1k on ebay. I am very happy I went that route as my bike looks great with it and the material is still soft. Suzuki still lists the 77/78/79 stock seat as still available but as a super seded number. I would love to see what one looks like. Can be had from flat out for $248. Dan
        Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

It will fit the stock foam and will look a lot like the seat shown on "marvinsc's GS850.

The stock seat cover had fake heat-stamped seams, and the new one from B&H will have real seams.

After a few months of riding and sun, it won't look so puffy and "tacked on" -- the seat cover will conform to the shape of the seat a lot better.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X