No announcement yet.

Repainting wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my wheels when I put new tires on this winter.

Comment

mpls-ugly
      What color are the rim lips?????? They are FREAKING UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!! I've owned some sick Magnisum Marchesini wheels, and hot damn, those things are so sick! I can't believe they are the same stock wheels I have on my 79' 750. I was going to do the simple black center, with lip polish job on my black bike, but thanks to you-no, I've got to do that too. I'm in FL, so hopefully won't run into yours (copying IS the kindest form of flattery). Dude, I'm SPEACHLESS. I'm taking it you polished them before painting it? Also, it looks like this was no rattle' job either correct? You are THE MAN!!!

Comment

Thanks Im happy with how they turned out. All rattle can! First i did a lot of work with wire brushes and wheels. Cleaned them up with liquor thinner. The black is PJ1 Epoxy fast black and the red is Rusto Sunset red I think. Then probably 4-5 quick coats of PJ1 epoxy clear coat. Oh, and primer before all that, your sposed to use special primer for aluminum that etches but i didn't. I scuffed them up a little putting new tires on but I can touch them up. And one other heads up... Don't paint the inside of the rim or the tires will not make a good fit to the rim.

Thanks man! good luck

Comment

Working...
        X