Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pictures of my 650g with the new seat on

more to follow...

One thing if you guys notice, I've never been able to get the seat to sit flush against the lines of the tail's plastic, not the original or this one. Any remedy for that? It's not a terrible issue, but would like to get it to sit right if I could.

Comment

Nice seat ! Nice Bike ! Cheers

Comment

The rear seat lock/striker is adjustable to a certain point. just loosen the 3 bolts that secure it and move it down as far as possible.

Nice seat by the way.

Comment

Did you heat the material with a heat gun or blowdrier before putting it on? Gets it fairly pliable, and a little stretchy before putting it on, and when it cools, it shrinks and gets nice and tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rein View Post
            Did you heat the material with a heat gun or blowdrier before putting it on? Gets it fairly pliable, and a little stretchy before putting it on, and when it cools, it shrinks and gets nice and tight.
            I had a local upholsterer do it. He does all that.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
              I had a local upholsterer do it. He does all that.
              Maybe have him do it again, so that way it'll be nice and straight?

Comment

IMO some foam would have to be removed from the length of the seat to get it to line up flush with the tailsection. The guy did a nice job on it though.
                Willie in TN
                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Maybe have him do it again, so that way it'll be nice and straight?
                  What's not straight?

Comment

What's not straight?
                    Weren't you the one who said you wanted it to sit flush with the plastic piece (tail)? from what I see, it's got some weird little bulges on the lower part, like some of it has been overstretched, not terribly noticeable unless you're close up like the pics.

Comment

Weren't you the one who said you wanted it to sit flush with the plastic piece (tail)? from what I see, it's got some weird little bulges on the lower part, like some of it has been overstretched, not terribly noticeable unless you're close up like the pics.
                      That's not what's keeping it from sitting flush. It's just not sitting back far enough - there was a gap with the original seat too.

Also, it's been stretched about as tight as it will get. Not alot to work with when it comes to those old metal teeth on the underside. So there is a little rippling along the bottom edge.

Comment

That's not what's keeping it from sitting flush. It's just not sitting back far enough - there was a gap with the original seat too.

Also, it's been stretched about as tight as it will get. Not alot to work with when it comes to those old metal teeth on the underside. So there is a little rippling along the bottom edge.
                        Oh, THAT'S what you're talking about, haha.

also, I didn't mean to stretch it more, I just meant that it seems like some parts were stretched more than others. Anyways, if you can't adjust the rear like preciously mentioned, you could always shim the mounts on the seat. i did that on my L, however, I'm pretty sure that they're different in terms of seat attachment.

Comment

It looks nice. The 2 step level adds some character to the bikes lines too.

Comment

Working...
                          X