Just a Picture of My 1000G...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Picture of My 1000G...

So I did some work to my G today. It was also pretty sunny out, so I figured I'd drag it out and take a good picture of it.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So where's the good picture?? (Joke, geddit? )
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        So where's the good picture?? (Joke, geddit? )

Hey now!!!

It's a lot better than all of the other pictures I've taken of it...the ones from my murky, dark, dirty garage!!!!

Comment

It's coming along great. I have that stuff on my luggage rack. Not my thing for the tank or back piece but for the fender I can see it. I can also seee why you might like it for the tank. Subjective innit.

You need a grip swap & seat cover swap now to finish her off.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Why not post a big picture of it?

BassCliff has instructions on his site how to post full-size pics on here. It's much better than attaching a thumbnail.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              It's coming along great. I have that stuff on my luggage rack. Not my thing for the tank or back piece but for the fender I can see it. I can also seee why you might like it for the tank. Subjective innit.

You need a grip swap & seat cover swap now to finish her off.

Those grips and that seat cover are brand new!!!

I'm going to do a few other things in red, also, so that's why I went with the red grips.

The seat cover was a mistake on my part. The picture of it on the site appeared to be a much more black like color with subtle hints of brown. When it showed up, it's just straight brown.

The more I look at it, though, the more I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Why not post a big picture of it?

BassCliff has instructions on his site how to post full-size pics on here. It's much better than attaching a thumbnail.

Thanks!!!

I'll check basscliff's site out for those instructions.

Comment

I'm real fond of 1000G's. between the 850G and the 1100G its the pick of the litter IMO.

Is that a home applied coating? I'm looking to put bedliner in the lower 14 inches or so on my Vanagon Westfalia Syncro. No place within about 60 miles does it commercialy.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

The Brown is certainly different for sure. Won't be many bikes like that one at bike night

I really like my 1000G too.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                      I'm real fond of 1000G's. between the 850G and the 1100G its the pick of the litter IMO.

Is that a home applied coating? I'm looking to put bedliner in the lower 14 inches or so on my Vanagon Westfalia Syncro. No place within about 60 miles does it commercialy.

Yup, I did it all in a corner of my garage...but it has to be ventilated really well, the liner STINKS!!!!

I used this product here:

I used the roll on kit. It came with literally everything that I needed to do the bed liner. I did the tank slightly differently than the directions because I had to fill in a few dents, but the rest of the body work was done per the instructions and turned out great.

Basically, you just use the included scuff pad to scratch up the finish (I didn't do this on the tank, but it was already primed so I figured it wasn't necessary) then roll on the liner. I did about 4 coats, but probably could've stopped after the second one.

It was really easy, and pretty cheap, too. I found a similar kit online for $100, but I got that kit at an Advance Auto store for $45 on sale...normaly $60.

Comment

Working...
                      X