No announcement yet.

LED turning lights swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

load equalizers will work, but as I found they dont stand up well on a bike...

The electric flasher should do it, I will check what I did exactly but on my wifes rebel I used one of them and it was plug and play. She has stock front signals and led rear, with just the electric flasher relay it worked 1st try.

Comment

Just looked on my electronic flasher box and nowhere does it say that it is made for LED lights... does that mean that I should get a LED electronic flasher instead of putting resistances on the circuit? Maybe that would help to solve my problem?

Here are some links to the company from which I got my electronic flasher.

What I got (HD12) : http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Pr...G=478&P=104171

What I think I should get (LED04) : http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Pr...G=478&P=104173

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Fett View Post
        Just looked on my electronic flasher box and nowhere does it say that it is made for LED lights... does that mean that I should get a LED electronic flasher instead of putting resistances on the circuit? Maybe that would help to solve my problem?
        Simon,
        Many "electronic" flashers also require a bit of current to flash and if you have completely converted to LED signals they may not work. Having one ordinary bulb in the front or back in addition to a LED light may still work.
        You actually need a proper LED flasher. I would suggest not fitting "load" resistors if you can avoid those.
        Keep well.

Comment

I'll try the LED flasher and if it still doesn't work, then I'll most probably not have any choice than to install load resistors to the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
            Simon,
            Many "electronic" flashers also require a bit of current to flash and if you have completely converted to LED signals they may not work. Having one ordinary bulb in the front or back in addition to a LED light may still work.
            You actually need a proper LED flasher. I would suggest not fitting "load" resistors if you can avoid those.
            Keep well.
            makes sense the bike I did has reg bulbs up front and led in back so the electronic flasher worked fine as is, if you are doing led back and front then yea try the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Fett View Post

Here are some links to the company from which I got my electronic flasher.

What I got (HD12) : http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Pr...G=478&P=104171

What I think I should get (LED04) : http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Pr...G=478&P=104173
              Hi Simon,

Yes, you want the LED04. The load sensitive flashers are all set up so that if you only have one bulb left, the signal will flash quickly so you know to check/replace bulbs. The LED04 will simply flash as long as something is connected to it.

Comment

i just replaced both turn signals with led and they both flashed at the same time so i bought a special led flasher kit for the bike (82 gs850) still didnt work then i noticed that the numbers on the bottom didnt match so i had to switch the two wires that goes to the flasher and had to run a direct ground from a wire to a ground still didnt work so i placed a 12v turn light bulb in the line and walla it worked so i put one on the t=other turn signal and they both work woo hoo!!!!!! i know its a little vauge on the description but if you pm me i will give better details on how i did it

Comment

Working...
                X