Newb!! and yes another GS850 Bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb!! and yes another GS850 Bobber

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and post some pics of my build in progress any input would be appreciated this is my first ever bike build

I picked this 850 up as a freebie from one of my employees (had earlier pics but some genius (ME) was a little to excited during tear down and destroyed the digital cam by stepping on it So the cell phone will have to do until I can steal the wife's

Before the freak out these bars are just for mock up probably wont stay on bike...This baby has seen better days but I jumped the starter and she fired right up (that flat stock laying across the bike is just something from a different project)

right now I am trying to decide on ride height then I will mock up the rigid rear... more photos to come

Let me know what you guys think like I said any input would be appreciated ...

P.S. THIS IS A GREAT FORUM!!! YOU GUYS ARE REAL CLASS ACTS!!!

Seeing all these chopper threads makes me want to get my sawzall and go to work on my 1000G...

Comment

Duse that looking good. Couple of other guys have 850Gs theyre chopping as well so info should be a plenty. Looks like a good start.

Comment

the whole reason I started this build was all the great posts on here about the 850s.... true inspiration!!

Comment

Great start man!!! Looks like mine a few months ago Im excited to see the ideas you comeup with. I personally like the rigid shafty look and if you need pointers on how i did mine, just drop a line.

Gotta ditch the big ass speedo!! Im actually using a SCHWIN Bicycle speedo. And yes it works great!!

You got a ways to go but i think you'll be surprised on how quick it can come together.

My theory was every night (or weekend) hit the garage and do something, anything on the bike. Dont lose Momentum, Thats when you start to lose interest and the project becomes a bust

Keep the photos rollin!!

p.s. i figured my ride height by making the bottom of the frame and the shaft housing exactly parallel. That set me about 7 inchs after the 4 into 2 exhaust was installed. And i havnt hit a curb on the underside yet.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks man!! I totally agree on the speedo and as far as working on it every night I have the luxury of being able to keep and build this project at work so i see it all day and dedicate a few hours turning wrenches on her...

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Duse,

Let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Thanks for the pictures! We love before, during, and after pictures!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Update

Hey everyone sorry no new pics lately I was in a pretty bad accident messing around on a ATV down in MOAB... My Back is JACKED so I haven't been able to turn some wrenches on the bike im going nuts not being able to work on it but once i am able to get up and walk with out wanting to pass out i will get right back to work... (the hard tail ought to be fun with my back now)

Comment

Working...
                X