Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been down that road

Comment

this is sad, but yesterday i caught myself polishing the brass floats from inside the carb.....i did stop myself, but that i even thought to start is an indication of deep illness.
      1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
        this is sad, but yesterday i caught myself polishing the brass floats from inside the carb.....i did stop myself, but that i even thought to start is an indication of deep illness.
        Shiny brass floats work better....less drag.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
          Shiny brass floats work better....less drag.
          sounds like an addict justifying their problem!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
            sounds like an addict justifying their problem!
            It's just a passion, not an obsession.

Comment

I think I hear angels. I have the same bike cept it's rough around the edges. After seeing this I'm tempted just to restore mine and keep it shining. It is my first real bike after all.

Comment

Smelli, you can click on the link in my sig for "hers:" and see another version of the same bike.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have seen that one. She's a pretty one for sure. Is that a custom color scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by Smellii View Post
                    I have seen that one. She's a pretty one for sure. Is that a custom color scheme?
                    Yes. No idea what the actual colors are meant to match, though. We showed the painter my Wing and said we wanted a dark blue to "sort of" match it, then use a bright silver for the inset panels. It is supposed to resemble the stock pattern (but didn't have to match exactly), just using different colors.
                    Here is Rocketman's very excellent bike for comparison:

The blue is VERY close to the Wing, it just doesn't have the purple-ish pearl that is in the Wing paint. Since the bikes are never touching each other, it's hard to tell the difference.

My Wing has pinstripes in a couple shades of blue and pink, and some feathers. Her bike has the same thing, but by a different striper, so the patterns are different. You can tell the bikes belong in the same family by looking at the trunks.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

By the way, I'm saving this pic on my computer to serve as my inspiration for my restore.

Comment

Holy thread revival.

Thanks for the complements Smellii.

Comment

Wow. I mean, just.......wow. You know how to make an 'L' look FABULOUS!

Comment

Its the same with Elephants.

Comment

hi, can you break down the polishing or ur engine which by the way looks awesome!? I have the same bike but the aluminium on the engine is corroded a bit and has all kinds of marks on it. Was thinking of sanding with a 800 wetpaper and then trying to buff out...hmmmm....If I can;t get it cleaned I was thinking of painting at least the sides of the engine black (sorry I know this hurts a lot of people) ha

Comment

Working...
                                X