pics of military/mad max/dirt "inspired" UJM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of military/mad max/dirt "inspired" UJM's

Hi all, I may not end up doing this (time will tell), but I may buy another GS for my "pretty" bike and use this one as my "have fun with it's looks" bike.

I have always liked on/off road stuff, I own a subaru, love rally racing etc. I tend to lean more to a street machine set up to handle some dirt than vice versa, hense I don't ride a dual sport.

I was thinking a military type colour palette, or flat black, and some road tending dual sport tires like the avon distanzias, motocross handlebars and a general chop to some of the fender stuff.

I am having a hard time finding any pics to help my brain plan out what I want, anybody have some pix? I don't want the ACTUAL military bikes from ww2 and stuff, I want a more modern/hollywood/anime etc style to it, more "cool" than authentic

I would be doing this at the earliest next winter, and I may change my mind and do a full restore on this bike, depends on how well it goes fixing it up this summer.

just killin time instead of brain cells is all
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM.

sorta like this, but still need more ideas:

Comment

Or a Sahara look

Less the side car obviously...
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Comment

that first one is a bit too "authentic" for me, 2nd is way too dirt-bike, but I think I may be asking for pix that don't exist.

I wish I was a better artist, cause I have an idea of what I want, but no way to put it on paper...

I kinda like the ducati up there, just wanted a bit rougher than slick.

I was hoping this was a project I could do myself, as "rough army dirt/street bike" is a look that doesn't require a professional painter ha ha

Comment

Well, this isn't exactly what you may be looking for, but I promise it will not fail to inspire!!

This is what happens when you stick a set of knobblies on a 1000cc sportsbike
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Go to Wal-Mart buy some Camo System Krylon Spray paint. Go to town problem solved

That KLR above used to be mine that's what I did.

Comment

There is a GS 'Super-Motard' on this forum. I can't remember who did it but it was about a year ago IIRC.

Comment

Hre ya go, keeping with the diesel theme of another thread:

Diesel bike based on a KLR 650

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    Well, this isn't exactly what you may be looking for, but I promise it will not fail to inspire!!

http://www.visordown.com/articles/vi...ader/6753.html
                    Dude your wonderfully sick...

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
                      There is a GS 'Super-Motard' on this forum. I can't remember who did it but it was about a year ago IIRC.

Found it, it was Witttom - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ight=dirt+bike

Comment

I had seen that, but don't judge me, I am going for 90% looks with the bike, 10% off-road "ability".

I will never do more than logging roads, but I wanted to possibly try something, I think, would look cool.

I like that triumph and the yammy in that thread though, ha gotta respect that.

Comment

Street Fighter

How bout this

Comment

Working...
                          X