Where can I find a 1000S Fairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find a 1000S Fairing?

Am I just going to have to get lucky on ebay? I found a reproduction but it looks like $300+ if you include a windscreen. Should this be my expectation? Anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pretty much unless you get REALLY lucky & find someone selling on ebay. You will still have to deal with the windscreen cost though, unless you get lucky on that too. Ray.

Comment

Fiberglass reproductions are available. Windscreen reproductions too. The info is in the archives, I'm too lazy to look it up but you can.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

i bought mine new from a guy on ebay user name (glassndude) for 125.00 and its the best reproduction i have ever seen, check my pic gallery's. he makes them himself. hes from akron ohio and when i bought mine he delivered it in person so i wouldnt have to wait. if you have any problems finding him PM me and i will dig up his email from my paypal account. Gustafsson Plastics sells the windshields in any configuration. air-tech sells the fairing also but no where near the quality the glassndude (http://myworld.ebay.com/glassndude/)makes. cliff

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
          i bought mine new from a guy on ebay user name (glassndude) for 125.00 and its the best reproduction i have ever seen, check my pic gallery's. he makes them himself. hes from akron ohio and when i bought mine he delivered it in person so i wouldnt have to wait. if you have any problems finding him PM me and i will dig up his email from my paypal account. Gustafsson Plastics sells the windshields in any configuration. air-tech sells the fairing also but no where near the quality the glassndude (http://myworld.ebay.com/glassndude/)makes. cliff
          What did you do for mounting hardware? I'd like to install one on my 1000G.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Suzuki still had the S style mirrors
            About $40USD each.
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Great tip about the glassdude, will be contacting him today. Thanks!

Comment

the dude has the part numbers for the mounting hardware (which is still available from the dealer) and he also has all the info on the windshields (where to get one at ) he also sells 2 different headlight hole sizes for this fairing. he says the larger hole was for a gs1100s? i never seen one of those but the fairing is exactly the same and with the larger hole my stock 78 gs1000e headlight fit it like a glove. the "S" model used a smaller diameter headlight than the other bikes. the name of the dudes company is NATIONALS FIBERGLASS might help. cliff

Comment

the dude has the part numbers for the mounting hardware (which is still available from the dealer) and he also has all the info on the windshields (where to get one at ) he also sells 2 different headlight hole sizes for this fairing. he says the larger hole was for a gs1100s? i never seen one of those but the fairing is exactly the same and with the larger hole my stock 78 gs1000e headlight fit it like a glove. the "S" model used a smaller diameter headlight than the other bikes. the name of the dudes company is NATIONALS FIBERGLASS might help. cliff
                  I have a '79 GS1000S and it has a standard headlight like all my other 70's Japanese bikes. This is my first Suzuki. Do other models have a larger headlight? Zero Gravity sells the S model windscreens for 10 bux less than Gusstafson in two tints or clear, and they come pre-drilled. Mounting screws for 4 bux.
                  1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I think he's talking about the 8" headlight on the '82-'83 GS1100E. All GS1000 models (G, E, N, S, but excepting the L which used a smaller headlight) used the standard 7" round headlight as far as I know.

Thanks for the info Cliff. I'll have to give that "dude" a call. This fairing painted black with gold pinstripes would look nice on my 1000G.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:
                    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

AHH yes the DUDE! thats where i got mine too, great quality good price.

think big lebowski dude when dealing with him and it will all be ok.

here is my link in buyer reviews from a few years back

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.
                      Last edited by first timer; 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM.
                      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x
                      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Contact him at ultim8dude@yahoo.com

I already advised him he'll get some sales
                        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                        2007 DRz 400S
                        1999 ATK 490ES
                        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                        X