subtle or too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subtle or too much?

got some new decals for my belly pan today. subtle enough or OTT. opinions please guys.

love it
    52.63%
    hate it
    7.02%
    its ok
    36.84%
    get rid of it now before i start getting abusive posts
    3.51%
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

I like it.

Comment

I like it.
      Would like to see a pic from a little further away.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

It's your bike.. But I understand the want for opinions.

I like it, but agree... a picture from further back would be good.

Comment

I think it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
            I like it.
            Would like to see a pic from a little further away.
            +1....give us the whole picture (don't forget the pink slippers!). Looks good so far.

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

I think it looks good, but would look better without the Suzuki sticker on the stator cover....
              But overall I like it a lot.

Suzuki Suzuki
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

ok here is a pic from a bit further away. got some new bling on the way too. black anodized handlebars and billet aluminium replacements for the reflectors on the tail piece

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  I think it looks good, but would look better without the Suzuki sticker on the stator cover....
                  But overall I like it a lot.

Suzuki Suzuki
                  ive been looking at that too and decided it has to go, too many suzuki's in such a small space
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

No one should ever ask you if its a Honda.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I like the look. Its got a touch of class to an otherwise disconnected piece. Its a nice way to tie it into the rest of the ride.

Comment

Since you've asked for opinions, I'll express mine.

I think the bike looks fantastic overall, but I'd do the chin scoop differently. Because your "theme" is a 2/3rds length black stripe on the tank and the side covers, I'd not put the "suzuki" on the scoop and instead just put a simple 2/3rds black stripe on it. Just a thought to clean it up a bit and maintain continuity.

Once again, fantastic job so far.
                        sigpic

SUZUKI:
                        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

The bike is mega, you already know that much. I love the font on the sticker but it really doesn't need another Suzuki one just there. If it were me, just my opinion here but, what about a black line to break the block of white up and tie into the tank and side panel instead?

Overall, it's top banana is that Dude, and no coffee stains on it? Mine had a few rings on when it lived in the house, lol!

EDIT:
                          Dohhh, bet me to it Grifin

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                            Since you've asked for opinions, I'll express mine.

I think the bike looks fantastic overall, but I'd do the chin scoop differently. Because your "theme" is a 2/3rds length black stripe on the tank and the side covers, I'd not put the "suzuki" on the scoop and instead just put a simple 2/3rds black stripe on it. Just a thought to clean it up a bit and maintain continuity.

Once again, fantastic job so far.
                            cheers for your opinion mate, i did try many variations on the stripe on the belly pan but could not come up with a solution that i was happy with.
                            just thoght the suzuki graphic would add a bit of style to oppose all the rest of the straight lines
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

While I really like the decal and the font etc, I am not sure it "fits" the bike. It's kinda new school on an old school bike?

It doesnt look bad by any means though, if you like it that's all that matters, I would park my bike really far from yours, otherwise I would drive mine into the ocean in shame!

Comment

Working...
                              X