Painted Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted Carbs

Had my stock 700es carbs painted by Renobruce!

I thought I would start a thread for all to admire his work. What ya think?

Before...

After......

Click below for more pics.....

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...helan%20carbs/
    Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2009, 12:14 AM.

Are you kidding me? -I thought the before ones looked good. Those are effing gourgeous. I've got my carbs pulled now and was deciding on how to paint them...

Mind if I copy? What paint did Renobruce use? Lot's of kudos to this fine job!

Comment

I think they look great.

Nice touch on the ES.

Comment

Nice work there Reno!! I am diggin the black shiny bowls with the black textured tops!! That is a great color choice on the silver....very clean looking! Nice touch with adding all the stainless hardware..

Comment

Wow

WOW!!!
          Those are to cool!
          I likie much.
          Deivets Cetdar

Comment

Wow I bet those will just set the bikes mid section off, whats it going on? Of course they could be on a coffe table as a thing of beauty and conversations piece. Woild be nice with a refinished GS in the corner with an accent light softly glowing on it... Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by sachsaca View Post
              Wow I bet those will just set the bikes mid section off, whats it going on? Of course they could be on a coffe table as a thing of beauty and conversations piece. Woild be nice with a refinished GS in the corner with an accent light softly glowing on it... Hmmmmm
              85 700ES Blue
              Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Glad you like them, Joe! They really did turn out nice (If I do say so myself ) considering how nasty they were...lots of rust and corrosion. Must be that humid Texas air.

I've been using either VHT or Duplicolor caliper paint, depending on what color is desired.

Here are a few other sets I've done:

These VM29's were going to go on my Beast project, but I decided to go with VM33's instead. So I sold them on ebay....for $1,045.00! Gloss black with polished tops and bowls:

And here's a set a just finished for Tom_MLC. VM29's also:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

How does that caliper paint stand up to gasoline?
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    The trick is keeping the gasoline inside the carbs, where there isn't any paint.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                      Glad you like them, Joe! They really did turn out nice (If I do say so myself ) considering how nasty they were...lots of rust and corrosion. Must be that humid Texas air.

I've been using either VHT or Duplicolor caliper paint, depending on what color is desired.

Here are a few other sets I've done:

These VM29's were going to go on my Beast project, but I decided to go with VM33's instead. So I sold them on ebay....for $1,045.00! Gloss black with polished tops and bowls:

And here's a set a just finished for Tom_MLC. VM29's also:

My Bro Bruce is da pimp!

Comment

Where do you get the alan screws for the carbs? Are they sold somewhere in a kit or do you collect them yourself?

Great Job by the way!!!!!

Comment

Ironic...I'm always so annoyed when a bike I've bought has painted carbs. The paint never lasts and always ends up a mess eventually, so I just have them soda blasted first thing and polish some bits for contrast.

These do look great though.

Comment

Looks great, but how 'bout a dip?

They look great, but how long until the next carb dip? Won't that paint pollute the carb dip too?
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              Quite well, actually. I played around with some test parts, and they were tolerant to both gas and brake fluid. I didn't soak them overnight, so I don't know how they would hold up to long term exposure.

Originally posted by buster View Post
                              Where do you get the alan screws for the carbs? Are they sold somewhere in a kit or do you collect them yourself?

Great Job by the way!!!!!
                              I got the bolts for Joe's carbs from Tom_MLC. I think he uses a local place called Mr. Metric. But you can get them from places like McMaster-Carr, too.

Originally posted by Commodus View Post
                              Ironic...I'm always so annoyed when a bike I've bought has painted carbs. The paint never lasts and always ends up a mess eventually, so I just have them soda blasted first thing and polish some bits for contrast.

These do look great though.
                              I think proper prep is the key.

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              They look great, but how long until the next carb dip? Won't that paint pollute the carb dip too?
                              If you maintain your carbs, you shouldn't have to dip them. My 1150 carbs have never been dipped and still have the original black paint on them.
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                              X