No announcement yet.

Painted Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is WOW Bruce. Absolutely stunning. Money VERY well spent. Thanks so much!

Comment

Nice job Bruce, as always. They look as beautiful as my little red fireplugs!

How did you set these up? I'll be curious to hear how they perform in the Texas heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
        Nice job Bruce, as always. They look as beautiful as my little red fireplugs!

How did you set these up? I'll be curious to hear how they perform in the Texas heat!
        These have 120 mains, 22.5 pilots, 2.0 slides. I didn't change anything, but I don't think he had these running on anything yet.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

WoW!.. Just WoW!

Hats of to you Renobruce

Comment

Carburator Questions

Hi everyone, Just wanted to sat that those carbs look great.

I just got my bike a week ago and am brand new to the site. Those carbs look so good that since i had to clean mine and to a mini rebuild I decided to clean and polish my carb too. (hope no one dogs me for copying you) Really it inspired me to do it.

I have run into two problems though, one being that I am having trouble polishing around the lettering. Any suggestions?

Second is what i think might be major....... I have a 1980 GS 750 with the carbs that have the four screws on top. (photo below) and they have the retainer clip that holds the fuel inlet needle down into valve seat,..... Well.... when taking apart the second carb (not the first) it sprung off and flew somewhere into a black hole on my porch.

I searched for an hour and a half and did not find it. My questions is this, Do it need it? Or is it better to not have it so more fuel gets in. if i do need it I'm screwed so does anyone have one i could buy from them or know where i can get it?

I feel like sucha newbe when really I'm kinda seasoned. Is there anyone who could give me some advise?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungGunRodder View Post
              Hi everyone, Just wanted to sat that those carbs look great.

I just got my bike a week ago and am brand new to the site. Those carbs look so good that since i had to clean mine and to a mini rebuild I decided to clean and polish my carb too. (hope no one dogs me for copying you) Really it inspired me to do it.

I have run into two problems though, one being that I am having trouble polishing around the lettering. Any suggestions?

Second is what i think might be major....... I have a 1980 GS 750 with the carbs that have the four screws on top. (photo below) and they have the retainer clip that holds the fuel inlet needle down into valve seat,..... Well.... when taking apart the second carb (not the first) it sprung off and flew somewhere into a black hole on my porch.

I searched for an hour and a half and did not find it. My questions is this, Do it need it? Or is it better to not have it so more fuel gets in. if i do need it I'm screwed so does anyone have one i could buy from them or know where i can get it?

I feel like sucha newbe when really I'm kinda seasoned. Is there anyone who could give me some advise?
              That needle and seat is your fuel shutoff when the bowl is full and is on the BOTTOM of the carb. What exactly did you loose? The needle and seat? Or the retainer clip? You can get a needle and seat new from Z1 enterprises. The clip might be a challenge. Someone around here will prolly have an old rack of carbs that can be cannibalized.

Good luck with the re-build. And welcome to the GSR.

Comment

The little retaining clip.

I'm not sure if i really need it though. Since the fuel is only stopped when the needle is up, the float and float bar should/currently does hold it from falling out.

Comment

Bruce... You could probably go into business just cleaning/painting carbs like this. It's apparent that you take pride in your work. If I wasn't content with mine, I would send them to you asking for the treatment too!

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    These have 120 mains, 22.5 pilots, 2.0 slides. I didn't change anything, but I don't think he had these running on anything yet.
                    These were on my '78 when I first got it, and ran very well on the stock motor.

Comment

Damn Bruce, thosse look fabulous!

Comment

Looking good... I think to make a business of it you'd want to look into treating Holley carbs etc to the same treatment in addition to bike carbs. Those Muscle car & Hot Rodders etc have the big money to spend usually.

Dan
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Here's Salty Monk's set. All black, including the brackets and choke hardware:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                            Caswell Plating Lots of good stuff there.
                            Z1 now sells a full selection of zinc plated hardware for UJMs as well as their stainless steel stuff..

Comment

I'm a huge fan of black with tricked out hardware, looks fantastic Bruce!
                              Can't wait to see them on Dan's bike.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                                Here's Salty Monk's set. All black, including the brackets and choke hardware:

Fantastic as always Bruce. Did you replace the allen head screws? If so where?

Comment

Working...
                                X