Black Pipes 1982 GS550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Pipes 1982 GS550L

I added a flatter handlebar, painted the pipes and fenders black with stove paint. Looks meaner in my opinion

Any Suggestions from here? I was thinking different mirrors, or a black handlebar.

I was also thinking of one of those little generic ferrings that goes around the headlight, and raises just barely above the speedometer and tach

Comment

I like the way the front fender looks blacked out, but instead of blacking out the rear, I think it'd look better if you eliminated it, with a custom light bracket back there.

Comment

Still a lot of shiney stuff on there

Bet those bars ride a lot better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonthrall View Post
          I added a flatter handlebar, painted the pipes and fenders black with stove paint. Looks meaner in my opinion

Any Suggestions from here? I was thinking different mirrors, or a black handlebar.
          I am a fan of painting the fork lowers black (or matching color of bike). It really finishes the look on any bike, IMHO.

Looking good!

Comment

I would paint the whole thing Black. Black is the new universal black.
            Al Jones
            82 Suzuki GS850GL
            97 Suzuki TL1000S
            "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
            Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
            sigpic

___ -\
            (O)--(O)

Comment

I have a butt load of rust on my down pipes and was thinking of painting them black, and leaving the actual exaust chrome.Yours looks pretty good man.
              I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
              1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Where does one get stove paint? I reallyliked the look

Comment

How do those handlebars ride? I looked at getting them, but they seem too low to me. On my 1985 GS550L the pegs make for a slightly 'lean-back' position, which does NOT go well with a lower 'lean forward' handlebar.

Comment

Stove paint for the most part is just high temp flat black. Usually found at most hardware stores.

Comment

Yea, stove paint at the hardware store. Its for painting grills and stoves.

The handle bars ride really well actually. I was very concerned they would be too low, but they are great. Beats the wrist wrenching L bars.

Thanks for the input guys

Comment

Working...
                      X