GS1100ESD Lower Fairing on a GS550ES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100ESD Lower Fairing on a GS550ES?

I have a complete left/right/lower scoop fairing from a GS1100ESD available to me for cheap.......

Can someone who has one please measure center to center the 2 bolt holes at the bottom of the upper fairing for me to see if I can make this fit on my GS550ES?

I need the distance center to center on the bolts and the overall length at the bottom of the upper fairing please.

I'll post pictures of this setup and info for others to mimic if it works.

Paul

I have the same fairing on my 1100ESD, and I also happen to have a 550ES sitting in my garage. The front fairing is where alot of the lower mounts to the bike on the 1100, and the two bikes DO NOT have the same fairing, so without some clever work, I dont think it will just bolt right up.

Comment

I know that they do NOT have the same fairing!!!!

I'm simply asking what the measurements are on the fairing of the 1100ESD so that I can do the rest......

Please answer the question that I'm asking!

Paul

Comment

I'm attempting to fit something to make it work here....please just humor me with this!!

If they end up not working, then I have another cool part to pass on for cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
          I know that they do NOT have the same fairing!!!!

I'm simply asking what the measurements are on the fairing of the 1100ESD so that I can do the rest......

Please answer the question that I'm asking!

Paul
          I just did answer the question that you were asking. It wont work unless you change the brackets. No need to be chitty about it either, certainly wont get me to measure a damn thing for you. BTW, it also matters WHICH fairing kit you are talking about. The ESD didnt COME with a fairing, everything you see for them are aftermarket from Lockhart or another maker....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            I just did answer the question that you were asking. It wont work unless you change the brackets. No need to be chitty about it either, certainly wont get me to measure a damn thing for you. BTW, it also matters WHICH fairing kit you are talking about. The ESD didnt COME with a fairing, everything you see for them are aftermarket from Lockhart or another maker....

First:

You DIDN'T answer my question or you would have measured and NOT put your 2 cents worth in like you know more than I do......

Second:

I'm getting chitty about it because like I said, "GS1100ESD lower fairing on a GS550ES"........I have a GS550ES upper fairing on my bike. I need the measurements of the holes on the lower part of the UPPER fairing on the GS1100ESD. SIMPLE! I will figure out the rest......

Thirdly:

I notice that your GS1100ESD has the exact lower fairing setup that I have coming to my house in the next few days.....this being said I know that if I can't make it fit, even with some work, I am going to have a nice setup that will fit on another GS1100ESD that I can pass on for VERY cheap.

Why do you have to chime in in the first place like I'm some idiot that doesn't know what he's doing? I don't understand why you have to have any kind of attitude with me in the first place. I know that it won't be a straight bolt-on....but if it's close I WILL make it work!

I can simply wait for the pieces to get here so don't worry about taking the 5 minutes to go out and measure for me.....I'll just head down to the bike yard tomorrow and get my measurements that way!

Have a good day sir, and I hope that the next time you ask a question amongst the forums you simply just get some help instead of someone challenging your inteligence and abilities.....WOW!!! I have over 100 posts in a month and I just got my first member who can't be a simply helpful host....Welcome to GSResources.com!

Comment

First:

You DIDN'T answer my question or you would have measured and NOT put your 2 cents worth in like you know more than I do......

Second:

I'm getting chitty about it because like I said, "GS1100ESD lower fairing on a GS550ES"........I have a GS550ES upper fairing on my bike. I need the measurements of the holes on the lower part of the UPPER fairing on the GS1100ESD. SIMPLE! I will figure out the rest......

Thirdly:

I notice that your GS1100ESD has the exact lower fairing setup that I have coming to my house in the next few days.....this being said I know that if I can't make it fit, even with some work, I am going to have a nice setup that will fit on another GS1100ESD that I can pass on for VERY cheap.

Why do you have to chime in in the first place like I'm some idiot that doesn't know what he's doing? I don't understand why you have to have any kind of attitude with me in the first place. I know that it won't be a straight bolt-on....but if it's close I WILL make it work!

I can simply wait for the pieces to get here so don't worry about taking the 5 minutes to go out and measure for me.....I'll just head down to the bike yard tomorrow and get my measurements that way!

Have a good day sir, and I hope that the next time you ask a question amongst the forums you simply just get some help instead of someone challenging your inteligence and abilities.....WOW!!! I have over 100 posts in a month and I just got my first member who can't be a simply helpful host....Welcome to GSResources.com!

Well, quite simply, ALOT of the newer people that come on this board and ask such a question DONT know the differences in the models. And, alot of the fairings look VERY similar, or shared bits and pieces from different bikes (IE the 700/750ES used the same fairing as the 1100 but the tank and side covers were completely different...etc) I dont recall being sh!tty or smart assed toward you in the first place, i simply stated a fact. You also DIDNT state that you'd already purchased said lowers, and as such, i assumed that perhaps you were looking to buy and maybe wanted to know if it would bolt directly up. My bad on assuming. However, the reply to my post was nothing short of sh!tty, smart assed and perhaps maybe YOU should consider the fact that I JUST MIGHT know more than you on this particular subject, or ALOT more than you about alot of things. And frankly 100 posts in a month makes no difference to me. I have over 7k posts and ive been on here less than two years. Whooopty dooo. My point is, MANY times on here you will get a responce that may not necessarily be the answer you're looking for. But the bottom line is SOMEONE actually bothered to take the time to at least TRY to be helpfull. You could have waited a month and gotten NO response at all. And with an attitude like the one you've just displayed, you might just have that problem from now on. Have fun dragging the crap out of your fairing, that bike is too short for it to work anyway.

Comment

calm down boys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doug g View Post
                  calm down boys!!!

We've cured our indifferences already!!!

Most of my aggression was with the stress from the baby being in the Hospital with RotoVirus and lack of sleep!!

Too much testosterone as well

Comment

hey Doug.....

is your GS550 done yet? do you have some pics?

Comment

Hi Colorado,

In regards to your ESD lower fairing set-up, let me know your status on it. I may be interesed in it if it is of no use to you and it did not pan-out as you expected.

I have an 83 ESD model and looking at Cafe Kid's ESD machine, it looks
                      great.

Thanks in advance

Comment

TCK already asked first if it doesn't work on mine through another thread, but we'll see if it doesn't work out he may let you take it off my hands instead.......up to him first though.

Paul

Comment

TCK how definate is your interest in this lower fairing setup?

Received the sides today and they will fit but the look isn't what I'm looking for.......I just purchased both sides/lowers that are OEM replacements for my bike instead now.

The lower scoop should be here by Monday or tuesday......here are some photos of the sides:

Comment

Not yet. I have been working on too many projects lately without much time to get them done.

I will have to post some more pics soon. I hope to have a road worthy machine this summer.

hey Doug.....

is your GS550 done yet? do you have some pics?

Comment

Working...
                            X