Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sandblast their own motor themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
    yes..you can use Arm & Hammer straight from the box! Generic store brands work better because of the cost

and make sure you grab SODA and not POWDER!!

hey, some of us don't do the grocery shopping very often....

Comment

yes..you can use Arm & Hammer straight from the box! Generic store brands work better because of the cost

I agree with colorado here. You are gonna go thru a bunch...I mean it will amaze you how fast it goes. Cheaper the better...just plain ol generic or even no name...brown bag stuff.

Not trying to scare you away from the aircraft stripper...just be careful when ya use it.. In my youth, I was very uncareful about chemicals. I remember when I first started turning wrenches for a living,just walking over to the valsol tank to clean parts with no gloves or anything. I did that for years until one day a safety inspector came by and gave me a "you know what your doing to yourself" speech. Then when I got into automotive finishes I learned just how nasty pretty much all chemicals are. But they have their uses...just be careful with em.
      We will probably learn in 5 years or so that baking soda causes hair loss or somethinglol

take care, and let us know how it turns out for you...

Comment

A little late

I used rubber bungs to plug the exhaust and intake ports get them at your hard wear store worked great
        cb

Comment

and make sure you grab SODA and not POWDER!!

hey, some of us don't do the grocery shopping very often....

just get a 50lb bag at harbor freight it's about 30 bucks for 50 lbs which should be cheaper then the box stuff. Comes out to about 1.66 bucks a pound.
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

BAKING SODA, NOT POWDER-Dang, I bet you I would have spent $50.00 on Baking Powder, heck maybe even Confectionary Sugar if I was in a rush. Good save Colorado!

Good tip FIRST TIMER-If my local HF sells Soda, that would be cheaper too I think.

I'm about to pull the cylinder head off tonight, when I get her back on, valve check while I'm at it.

Ever notice when you start one thing, YOU JUST HAVE TO get another project done too. Ahhhh, OCD. It could be worse I guess.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X