seat interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat interchangability

I have a 77 750 (hence the name) and was wondering if any other yeat and/or size gs seats will bolt on? I assume the 78 750 seats are, but what about the 850-1000? Also if anyone has one to "donate" or sell... I am really wanting some sort of stepped seat. Not like a his/hers but a sportier seat like veez just had done, or a corbin gun fighter style. My seat pan is good, but i jumped the gun and cut my foam trying to reshape, and butchered it up to the point of no return... thanks for any and all input.

The 850 and 1000 seats won't fit without a lot of alteration. If your pan is good why not have a go at making your own foam?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

i thought about it, but I don't know the first thing about upholstry. If it were the flat bench style that it was stock, i could do it. But i have cut the foam in the style of the gun fighter (low driver, stock pass. seating position) the contours of the seat are to complex with the new shape for me to try.

Comment

Check around for a local upholstery shop. You may be able to get a pretty decent price on them shaping you a new seat and cover. Plus, it will be brand new high density foam, not 30 year old stuff. If you're set on DIY, you can at least get more foam from them in most cases.

Comment

this is a 78 gs 400 seat, I think the pan looks identical. What do you guys think?

Comment

heres another of the seat. let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
            X