No announcement yet.

GS 1000S update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like what your doing, the build looks clean and well thought out. I appreciate the attention detail right down to every little stainless bolt. Are you keeping the original cooley paint color? The blackout rolling chasis and engine really looks fabulous! How hard was it to mount the CB1100F front fender? Those are rare little scoots as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      I really like what your doing, the build looks clean and well thought out. I appreciate the attention detail right down to every little stainless bolt. Are you keeping the original cooley paint color? The blackout rolling chasis and engine really looks fabulous! How hard was it to mount the CB1100F front fender? Those are rare little scoots as well!!
      Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I'll repaint it in original colors, love the stock paint on these bikes. The Honda fender fit between the GS forks perfectly. It just needed to have the mounts extended about an inch. I filled the original holes, then re-drilled new holes so that it'll sit pretty tight to the tire. I snagged the rear shocks from the 1100F as well. Bolted right on.
      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
      X