rearsets for a 650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rearsets for a 650?

Trying to find a set of rearsets for my 650L, but raask only has rear sets for up to the GS550, and the 650 Kat. Would the 550's fit? Is there a way to fabricate a rear set with any similar ones?

I'm using GSXR rearsets on my 700. All I did was remove the stockers, cut off the plates they bolted to and weld on my own plates to accomodate the GSXR rearsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      I'm using GSXR rearsets on my 700. All I did was remove the stockers, cut off the plates they bolted to and weld on my own plates to accomodate the GSXR rearsets.
      Sounds good! I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure about it. I'm putting clubmans or drag bars on the bike, but it seems like it would be a bit difficult with the pegs where they are now. What metal did you use to make the plate? I assume you welded or bolted the gsxr rearsets to the plate, then the plate to the frame. What about the splines for the shifter?

So something like this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-2007-SUZUKI-GSXR-600-750-LEFT-REARSET-PEG-06-07_W0QQitemZ180352022311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcy cles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item29fdd17727&_trksid =p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318
      Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Those should work. My rearsets were off a GSXR (not sure of the year) and are bolted to an aluminum plate. I even used the GSXR rear master cylinder. They look great and everything works. Much cheaper to do it this way. You can use either aluminum or steel plate. If you use aluminum you need to go a little thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
          Those should work. My rearsets were off a GSXR (not sure of the year) and are bolted to an aluminum plate. I even used the GSXR rear master cylinder. They look great and everything works. Much cheaper to do it this way.
          Great, seems like a real cost effective way, not to mention the gsxr ones are pretty sharp looking. Again, are the splines on the ****er universal for suzuki?

Comment

Originally posted by Rein View Post
            Sounds good! I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure about it. I'm putting clubmans or drag bars on the bike, but it seems like it would be a bit difficult with the pegs where they are now. What metal did you use to make the plate? I assume you welded or bolted the gsxr rearsets to the plate, then the plate to the frame. What about the splines for the shifter?

So something like this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-2007-SUZUKI-GSXR-600-750-LEFT-REARSET-PEG-06-07_W0QQitemZ180352022311QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcy cles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item29fdd17727&_trksid =p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318
            I welded the plates on first after checking to see how big they needed to be. I just used 1/4" thick steel plate. I attached the plates right where the subframe angles up towards the seat. After welding it on I drilled and tapped to bolt on the rearsets. You just have to make sure the linkage is long enough to reach the shifter shaft. Looks like the ones you posted the link for might work. Take a measurement and see how long you think the shaft needs to be then ask the seller a question about the length of the linkage on his.

There's a pic of the right side of my bike here.
            This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

The splines are most likely the same. Suzuki has a tendency to keep things like that the same over long periods of time.

Comment

Great info here! So many things to do on these bikes, so little time.

Comment

Working...
                X