Paint opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint opinions needed

Has anyone ever tried or heard of this company? http://www.alsacorp.com/killercans.htm Any suggestions as I am looking to repaint? What have you tried as far as aerosol cans that comes out looking good? It seems like the clear is the biggest problem, but the speed clear this company offers is a urethane. Any thoughts?

Interesting site. One thing I could not find on site was how long after the hardener is added to the can till the can is junk. Called about it and 3 to 4 hours. Could be an expensive way to go unless you really plan ahead and use the whole can. Might be better to just use a gun and compressor. Dan

Comment

That is an interesting site, way too expensive though IMO.

Comment

i use the candy kickers and the pearls alot. you can get them cheaper if you shop around. alsa got big with there chrome paint years ago. good company and product. i used the candy red kicker in the red and the white pearls added to the white on the wes cooley paint scheme on my 78.

Comment

1978GS1000custom-Do you have any other pics of your bike you can post (front end shot please). It looks awesome. Home many cans at $40ea did you need? One color-one clear? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by oshanac View Post
            1978GS1000custom-Do you have any other pics of your bike you can post (front end shot please). It looks awesome. Home many cans at $40ea did you need? One color-one clear? Thanks!
            I would also like to know.

Comment

ya see, the stuff i use is not in a can but in small bottles. a few drops of the candy red kicker added to some urethane clear is all you need over standard any color red (i used a ppg flame pearl red). the white pearls are about the same method only not a liquid but a fine powder (applied over ppg china white). if you search it out on ebay you can find it sometimes cheap. they send alot of samples to custom shops but they never send enough to do a car but in our area theres plenty to do a bike and those samples show up on ebay now and then. in my gallery pics there are some pictures of the gs1000 "pearl". i am working now on a photo bucket album with about 300 pictures of the enitre process of how she became the bike she is now. the coolest part of this bike among all the others i own is when you start her up she always sounds greatful. cliff

Comment

Working...
              X