Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New style bar-end mirror...

Anyone seen this style before?
    The bar looks a little thin, i wonder about vibration/blurriness. I think the handlebars would have to be fairly tall to prevent tank bashing.
    I like the idea of not widening the bike.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

I agree .. can't even imagine it being clear with the engine running.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Anyone seen this style before?
    The bar looks a little thin, i wonder about vibration/blurriness. I think the handlebars would have to be fairly tall to prevent tank bashing.
    I like the idea of not widening the bike.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EUROP...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

Look like dental mirrors....

I just can't imagine them working very well...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Honest opinion - I hate them. They do look like dental mirrors. (just my 2c)

FWIW - bar end mirrors don't need to make the bike wider. I have mine flipped up and over my hands. They are VERY effective there and don't get in the way if I split lanes at the traffic lights.

Comment

I had a set of CRG bar-ends that were terrific.
          Expensive, but clear and folded out of the way for more room in the garage.
          They went with a bike i sold, the mirrors were worth more than the bike.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I was gonna say

Those mirrors might be good for a "back seat driver", for me my arm would probably be right in the way.

Comment

Mirrors

I'm running these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...1%7C240%3A1318

If you get this style, take the glass out, tighten the allen bolts that hold the mirror to the arm, and put a bead of silicone around the edge, on the backside of the glass, to keep the glass from turning in the housing. The fisheye lets you see pretty good, and the expanding clamps hold better than most bar-end mirrors.

Comment

Working...
              X