Hammer Endurance bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammer Endurance bike

Guess it's time I got a thread going to contribute a bit instead of lurking and soaking up info.

I bought my GS four years ago and it was relatively stock, but pretty rough in the appearance department.

How she looked the day I got her...

I decided I needed a cafe bike because I have always loved the look. Since I couldn't find a reasonably priced CB that was a good candidate I decided to start with the GS and see what happened. A bit of frame cutting, seat making, some gutting of the wiring harness and a bit of rattle can paint and she went to this which is pretty current.

Now I've decided that I need something a bit different. While I like the idea of a cafed GS, I'm always looking for something different and a bit off the beaten path. I stumbled upon the Hammer Endurance team while searching for seats.(I wasn't real thrilled with my DIY seat, but it was decent for a first try.)

Anybody have any links or info on the Hammer Endurance team? Only thing i found was on the Airtech site, but I know there's gotta be more out there. I just haven't found it yet.

Here's the 750 with the Airtech Hammer Endurance seat test fitted.

The seat will get trimmed at the bottom to fit the lines of the bike a bit better. I'll be painting her as well. Not quite sure of where to go with it exactly. Maybe something like the Hammer team colors or maybe a Japanese Zero theme.

Here's one of the Hammer bike from the 80's.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Dead Boy

Not sure if this is a hammer

Comment

Since you have clip ons' maybe you can make a 1st Gen Gixxer fairing work to complete the look
      The gas tanks on those all look like early versions of what eventually came on the 1st Gen GSXR's. U need to photo chop, till you get the right look that U like.
      Last edited by posplayr; 05-10-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Not sure if this is a hammer
        Judging from the Japanese characters and the colors, that is probably a Yoshimura bike. All of the early Team Hammer bikes I can remember were some variation of blue/white. Not that that means much, or anything...

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the pics. The bikes have the same lines as the Hammers do so it's something to consider. I'm probably not going to put a fairing on at least for now and the tank is staying as is for now as well. I've got another project lined up but I want to get this one mostly complete, at least finished looking, as my stuff never really seems to be finished until I sell it, before moving on. I like the naked cafe look quite a bit but wanted a different type of seat. The Hammer fit the bill pretty well and it has a Suzuki heritage. I've been toying with the idea of a Yosh bike as well because I have the Yosh 4-1 pipe on my bike, but I'm not sure yet.

If I ever came across the frame for a Hammer bike I'd love to pick one up, but they were made for the 1000, not the 750.

Photochopping is the plan. I was just hoping for some more pics to gather ideas from. History is always good to know when you're building something using that history as inspiration as well.

Comment

Working...
          X