Clear All

ok any input for my build?

its a work in progress any more ideas?

another one here

try this any advise?

Comment

im realy liking it , nice job

Comment

looks good! loose all the emblems--it keeps them guessing!

Comment

I've always liked the looks of yur bike, has a nice stance. I'd loose the emblems, paint the tank black, hack off the seat rails just behind the shock mounts, and use yur stock rear fender mounted tight to the wheel and painted black of course.Get rid of the turn signal stalks. I'd loose the solo sprung seat and go w/ a contoured pan mounted to the rails to flow w/ the lines you've got goin on. Oh yea, and a limp-dick tailight. Details, it's all about the details...
          Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Seeing as how its "strutted" i would be VERY leery about hacking off any more of the "seat rails" That "loop" that used to exist there did alot to keep torsion on the frame back there to a minimum. Since you're obviously not going to be scraping pegs on that sucker in the corners, it might not be that big of a problem, but were it MY project, i would run another cross brace between the upper rear frame there just to give it some more lateral support. just my .o2

Comment

Originally posted by po-boy View Post
                I've always liked the looks of yur bike, has a nice stance. I'd loose the emblems, paint the tank black, hack off the seat rails just behind the shock mounts, and use yur stock rear fender mounted tight to the wheel and painted black of course.Get rid of the turn signal stalks. I'd loose the solo sprung seat and go w/ a contoured pan mounted to the rails to flow w/ the lines you've got goin on. Oh yea, and a limp-dick tailight. Details, it's all about the details...
                ok i gotta ask what the hell is a limp-dick tail light? the rear fender is a project in itself i am filling in the holes left by the brake light then putting it in the place of the one that is there now

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Seeing as how its "strutted" i would be VERY leery about hacking off any more of the "seat rails" That "loop" that used to exist there did alot to keep torsion on the frame back there to a minimum. Since you're obviously not going to be scraping pegs on that sucker in the corners, it might not be that big of a problem, but were it MY project, i would run another cross brace between the upper rear frame there just to give it some more lateral support. just my .o2
                  hey i always apreciate the input cafe but your right i will not be grinding any pegs any time soon so it might have to be left off for now

Comment

i was out your way po boy in lovely downtown harrison for a ride today nice day for one! i also have a nice led light kit with wireless remote to add just for kicks to!

Comment

the reason i like it is because it does not look like your trying to copy a harley , so leave the emblems

Comment

looks like it is very loud, not really a fan of the seat but to each their own

Comment

I think one of those big solo seats you see on the old cop bike would look and feel great on your bike.. other than that.... I like it! Looks like a street killer

Comment

Totally stock front, no ass, struts to break the frame and no seat.
                            Another punk with no imagination and a hacksaw.
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Wow! That's a proper bi*ch slappin.

The guy was asking for input on his build, so he can make it the bike he can't quite imagine. While i agree that the bike is a bit "stock n chopped" with no real flow from front to tail, i wouldn't verbally attack the dude for it.

I'll offer my 2 penneth, while i'm here:

Lose the rear pegs, you ain't gonna go pillion, right?(might involve chopping and welding the frame to do it right)
                              lose those huge indicators, they have no place on this kind of bike (since you've got what appears to be plastic plugs in the frame rails, why not put LED indicators in here instead?).
                              Paint that tank or paint the other parts to match it. Plenty of cheap custom tanks knocking about for a totally different look.
                              You say you are on with the rear mudguard, good.
                              Front master looks out of place on flat bars.
                              Some work up front would make a better looking bike, ie: custom lamp/s, slab yokes, small clocks etc.

I aint slagging it Dude, i actually like the look and may well take a project like this once i've completed my current one. It just needs a few details to take it away from a "hacksaw job" and make it something special.
                              I'm no seasoned pro bike builder myself, so i can understand how easy it is to get a little stuck for ideas, that's what these forums are about isn't it, Helping each other out in times of need?

Stick at it, it's coming along nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X