No announcement yet.

ok any input for my build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it too, but I would never trust my life to those struts attached to an aluminium hub. I'm not a big fan (of hardtails) at the best of times so, apart from the danger factor, I'd put the shocks back in there.

I've never understood why a bobber has to be a hardtail???? I plan to build a fat bobber soon too but it will have a soft tail. That will be different.

I really do like it though, it's your bike make it how you want it.

Please give some thought to the amount of hammering those stuts will have to put up with though, your life may depend on it.

Comment

Agreed Zooks,
      i'm keen on the bobber style and would like to build one, i don't want a hardtail though, my ass-bone can't take the punishment.

Comment

Well you can spring the seat, so the sore bum is avoidable but I've seen too many hardtails crack. We've had 'modern' suspension for over 100 years now, might as well use it I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Totally stock front, no ass, struts to break the frame and no seat.
          Another punk with no imagination and a hacksaw.
          the reason i asked for advise was to get others input not to be ridiculed for my work i apreciate good and bad input either way is ok with me but to sit there and call another gser a punk just goes to show how some people arent open to change and have no respect for others way to go there tkent nice advise there!

Comment

Not to get in the mid. of the start of a good scrap but here’s my .02
            I like:
            The way it sits
            The whole rear end
            The seat
            Possible next mod:
            Led/smaller blinkers
            Emblem shave
            Passenger foot rest shave

All in all i give it a 8 out of 10

Comment

well to be honest if i could find some coil over shocks that would give me the same ride height i would change it over to them i hear what your saying zooks it doesnt seem right to put that much stress on the aluminum stud but till i do i will be sticking with the struts ....... and the led turn signals are in the process thanks all for the comments positive or negative thank you

Comment

I don't like the plastic on the lower tree, blinkers, front fender, gauge. but I'm the guy with a ton of extra stuff in the garbage after I get a bike

Comment

Wow, I think it look sick! I'd leave it the way it is. Imagine the rolled eye's of Harley fans! I'm lovin it!

Comment

"call another gser a punk just goes to show how some people aren’t open to change and have no respect for others way to go there tkent nice advise there! "

I second that! What a crabass. (Read crotchety old man)

Comment

dunno to each their own i say atleast no one is trying to make a HD clone by re-badging it to be something it isnt

Comment

Originally posted by oshanac View Post
                        "call another gser a punk just goes to show how some people aren’t open to change and have no respect for others way to go there tkent nice advise there! "

I second that! What a crabass. (Read crotchety old man)

I think you all took what tkent was saying out of context.....

I think he was saying " it looks like another punk build " LOOKS like it.....

I don't think he was calling you a PUNK! I agree with him on the aspect that it looks like a bad build.....but that's why you're asking for suggestions...it isn't complete yet!

It does look like a quick, cut it apart, slap something together to get the look, then overlook the aspects of a TRUE build. It HAS to be functional!!!!!

I think ALL of you need to rethink what TKENT was trying to say.....he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to talk **** about someone he doesn't know!!!!!!

just my 2 Copper Lincolns worth

Comment

plus.....besides ZOOK, he has been here LONGER and has WAY more posts than ANY of you responding to this....I think he's been around long enough to be respected!

Comment

ohh im pretty sure he was straight calling the OP a punk

"another PUNK with a hacksaw and no imagination"

Comment

Originally posted by kilog55 View Post
                              ohh im pretty sure he was straight calling the OP a punk

"another PUNK with a hacksaw and no imagination"
                              looks to be true to me either way..........

tkent hasn't commented on what you all have to say.....so I just said my peace! he isn't a bad guy, and if nothing else, it raises the issues as to why it looks like "another PUNK with a hacksaw and no imagination" so maybe it helps address the safety issues.......
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

yes true some would rather see a nice resto. or atleast keeping it close to the factory spec but make it newer.

im not a fan of the cafe or bobbers i prefer a normal showroom style bike, but the streetfighters are nice

Comment

Working...
                                X